18. Jab They Met

I didn't know whether to be happy, angry, excited, nervous or to break down. I wanted to scream, shout and cry as much as possible. My best friends were standing in front of me, holding hands and I never knew of their whereabouts. They just left me, one day, not even thinking about me for once.

I went towards Alya and hugged her tightly. She tightened her hold on me and started sobbing.

Alya: Please Nanz, forgive me. I know I don't deserve your forgiveness but please I've been living in guilt for two years now. I can't breath..

Poor girl! My sweetheart. She's gone through a lot. I caressed her hair softly and broke the hug.

Nandini: It's ok Al. Don't worry. I never hated you or had any problem with you or your husband but it's just that I'm hurt. Nothing else.

I gave her a weak smile where as every one was shocked except me, Soha, Maddy, Aryaman, Rose and Rishit.

Alya(shockingly): How...how did you know Nanz?

Nandini(chukled sarcastically): You both left us, not we. We considered you both as our family, but you both were the ones who thought we won't understand you and judge you. We protected your lost souls but you both broke ours.

I had tears in my eyes and that's when Rishit came and hugged me sideways. I just couldn't control more so I hugged him tightly. I could see Manik and Alya confused, angry and what not. In fact we all were full of unsaid emotions.

Dhruv: Nan...

This voice gives me chills and makes me want to kill him or myself. I came out of Rishit's embrace and held Dhruv's collar.

Nandini: Oh no, you don't Vedant. Just don't take my name from your mouth. If only had you been a little mature, all this wouldn't have had happened. We all would have been friends forever like before but you changed every equation amongst all of us.

Dhruv: I'm sorry Nandini. Mai, I know I'm wrong but please can we forget everything?

Before I could bash on him more, Rishit went and punched him on his face, shocking everyone except me. I knew this would happen. I immediately held Rishit by his bicep and Manik went and held Dhruv. I wonder what's up with him? Then it struck me, shit. Manik, you'll be getting hurt.

Manik: Buddy are you ok?

Dhruv nodded positively and went towards Rishit. He was about to say something, when Rishit shouted at the top of his voice.

Rishit: Just don't speak anything, you Moron. You just did not break my trust but also our childhood friendship Dhruv Vedant. If only had you talked to me for once you know what just forget it.

We all were crying while the Malhotra family was confused. Rishit hugged me tightly and I knew he needed me to calm himself. I hugged him back and looked at Manik who was by now glaring at me but I just couldn't do anything. I needed to be by my friend's side. Soon we were joined by the other 4.

Manik(yelling frustratingly): Would anyone do the honors of explaining what's happening?

We all broke the hug and I was about to say something when my savior came in between.

Cabir: Nandini, I think it's high time that you all sort out everything. It's the best time to move on and remove every remorse and grudge. So all of you, sit calmly and explain your point of view.

We all agreed and sat down. Rishit and Soha were by my sides and Aryaman was beside Soha while Rose was beside Rishit. Dhruv and Alya took an isolated sofa while Cabir, bhai and Manik sat together adjacent to Mukti and Navya. They all were looking at me, some with confusion, some with sympathy; some with pain while the others in guilt.