31.Love Heals

After checking on everyone, I was about to go to my room because I was dog tired, when I heard some voices from Rishit's room. Well I am not a sneaker, but as far as I remember, Rishit was drunk heavily and Ridhima went to drop him to his room. Don't tell me something happened. I ran to his room and what I saw made me stop at my heels immediately.

Ridhima was sitting on Rishit's bed, holding his hand while he was saying something. I leaned in to hear their conversation. After all I'm their cupid so I have got this right...

Rishit(drunk and hiccuping): Tum bohot achi ho. Tumhe pata hai tumna bilkul Nandini ke jaisi ho. My stress buster... Tumse baat karke mujhe peace milti hai..

I smiled so did Ridhima. She made him lie down on the bed and covered him with the duvet. She caressed his head to soothe the pain.

Ridhima: Tum bohot baatein karte ho. Just sleep...

He immediately held her hand and looked into her eyes which made her look into his brown eyes. He was still not able to open his eyes properly.

Ridhima(Slurry voice): I.... I love you Ridhima. I really do....

As soon as said those words, he slept, putting Ridhima in a shock. Shit, I just hope, ki sab thik ho.. I saw Ridhima coming out so I immediately hid myself. I saw her going towards the garden area so I followed her. She sat on the couch and buried her head in her hands. I sighed helplessly. Aye Aiyappa, please help her... I went towards her and kept my hand on her shoulder. She looked up and smiled faintly and made me sit beside her..

Nandini: Ree, I heard everything...

She looked at me shockingly..

Nandini(sighed): I know I shouldn't have and trust me it was unintentional.

She looked at me but then looked away. I also diverted my gaze towards the pond and looked at it. My thoughts broke with her voice.

Ridhima: How funny naa. It is supposed to be the happiest moment in a girl's life when she is proposed by a guy whom she likes but look at me. I don't even know whether I should be happy or sad.

Nandini(sighing helplessly): Ree, what's the problem? Why can't you just accept him?

Ridhima: Nandini I'm just afraid of my past. What if something happens with me, just like my mom?

Nandini(looking at her disbelievingly): You are comparing Rishit with your b*****d of a father!

Ridhima(immediately): No no, not at all.. Rishit is an amazing guy. He..he can never do all that. He...he truely loves me.

I looked at her and smiled to which she looked at me blankly and then realised that I fooled her and made her answer her doubts herself.

Nandini: Tumne toh khud hee apne aapko apna answer de diya Ree. Your brain and heart, both know that he loves you truely, just like me. You know he won't hurt you because he himself is heartbroken. I don't think I told you about his past.

Ridhima: I know everything..

I looked at her in shock..

Ridhima(sheepishly): Woh one day, we both told each other everything about ourselves.

Waah beta Rishit.. Tu toh bada fast nikla.

Nandini: Just try being happy Ridhima. Don't just deny the happiness that is waiting at your doorstep. Not everyone is this lucky Ree. You won't ever get a man like him. I know you both are like two ends of a magnet but so are me and Manik. Rishit will always love you, make you laugh and support you in your hard times.

I looked in front while she was continuously staring at me.

Nandini: Ree, love is magic. If it has the power to destroy you, it also has the power to make you conquer the world. If it makes you helpless in front of it, it also gives you strength to face the world. Just let him give you love, trust me, you'll be healed. You two are destined to be together just like me and Manik are.

I looked at her to find her smiling brightly and I got lost in that smile. I've never seen her smiling brightly, even though I'm the only person who's connected to her. I returned the smile and she immediately hugged me tightly.

Ridhima: You are right Nandini. I'm just making this situation complex. He loves and I love him, that's it.. I won't let my last overshadow my future...

We broke the hug and cupped her face.

Nandini: In really happy with your decision because this is what I've wanted for both of you..

Ridhima(holding her hand): Thank you Nandini. Had it not been you, I don't know what would I've done..

I smiled at her and then told her to go and rest. I still stood there, admiring the nature lit in the moonlight and reminiscing about the happy moments and our talks when I felt an arm wrapping around my waist which made me smile immediately.

Nandini: Soye nahi abhi tak...

He nuzzled in my hair and neck making me close my eyes to feel the heaven.

Manik: Tum bhi toh nahi soyi..

Nandini: Hmm.. Neend nahi aa rahi hai..

He immediately turned me around and looked into my eyes.

Manik: Mujhe bhi... Toh let's spend some time together. What's say...

Nandini: Always up for it...

He smiled and then held my hand. He took me to the garden of his room because it is isolated from the rest of the family's and relative's room. He laid on the couch while I laid on him. I was just lost listening to his heartbeat which is the most beautiful rhythm for me. He was stroking my hair and kissing my forehead from time to time.

Manik: Nandini...

Nandini: Hmm..

Manik: Do you know, two months back, star gazing was my favorite hobby. It gave me peace because I used to feel that they are beautiful. Their light will guide me...

Nandini: Aur ab?

Manik: Ab, I have you... You are my favourite hobby. You are the most beautiful creature and you are there to guide me through everything.

I smiled at this and kissed his heart.

Nandini: I promise Manik. I'll be there.. Always.

Manik: I love you Nandini... Forever...

Nandini: I love you too Manik. Humesha...

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤