19. Letting Go

Manik: What's The Eight Bite?

I was really confused with all of this. Their outburst on Dhruv and Alya conveyed their pain. Things are getting more and more complicated.

Rishit(smiling sadly): As our bond got stronger, we got to know things about each other and eventually we found out that all of us are amazing singers and musicians. Me and Nanz had great vocals, Alya played amazing keyboard, Maddy had a great voice along with guitar playing skills, Soha and Rose played acoustic guitar, Dhruv was a wonderful electric guitar player and Aryaman was a great drummer.

Soha: We all decided to form a band and Nanz called this the Eighth Bite. She made us, she strengthened our bond, she gave all of us reasons to live, she is our creator.

Nandini(sarcastically): Lekin phir bhi, all my sacrifices weren't enough, were they?

They all lowered their heads, as if they're guilty while Nandini and Rishit made a disgusting expression.

Nandini: Anyway, after we became a band, our songs were liked by everyone and soon we became famous. During this time, Alya had a break up with her boyfriend and she got close to Rishit.

Wtf! Did she say that Alya and Rishit were a couple, after she broke up with me?

Nandini: And soon enough, they became a couple, in fact the whole college used to love them and the irony is that I had a huge crush on Rishit and Alya knew it.

Like hell! Rishit made a shocked expression. Oh so even he didn't know.

Nandini: But I let it go thinking that he's Alya's love and it was this time when Dhruv asked me for a chance and since he was a really good guy, I accepted him. Soon, we got close and the night we were or should I say, I was going to confess my feelings for him, he stopped me saying that we'll confess but not like this but on a beautiful date and I got happy and waited for the time to come.

I was looking at her like she's an alien. I didn't know whether I should be angry, happy or confused.

Nandini: Next day, I got a call from Soha telling me that Dhruv and Alya were missing. Before I could register anything, the bell rang and Rishit appeared. We both went towards Alya's room to check on her and found a letter saying.....

She stopped abruptly and Rishit kept a hand on her shoulder. Now I'm definitely not liking their closeness knowing that Nandini had a crush on this guy once.

Rishit: It was a letter from Alya saying that she and Dhruv love each other and that they didn't had the courage to face us and tell us so that's why they are leaving. They wish for our success and happiness. Bas everything ended that day.

Seriously!!

Nandini: That wasn't enough, I got a text from Dhruv saying that I'm the most beautiful girl he's ever seen and that I'm the most perfect girl he can ever get but sometimes imperfections are all you need and he found those in Alya and that he loves her. So he's going with her and if possible I should grant my forgiveness to him.

I looked completely lost at that moment. I didn't know what to do and what to not. My buddy was in a relationship with my ex-girlfriend even after he met me and got to know about my life and for once he never told me.

Rishit: We told this to everyone and all of them got furious and they had reason to be, because we had an album to complete plus me and Nandini were heartbroken. These guys also left us, they refused to do the album even after me and Nandini tried to explain them.

Nandini: After that day, my only friend was Rishit. We both became each other's support. I forgave everyone except these two(Alya and Dhruv) simply because both of them were my best friends, they should have believed on me but they didn't and left without any explanation and good bye.