22. Love Is In The Mall

I was waiting for Nandini to arrive, along with mom, Cabir and Bhabhi. How, of course Cabir helped me, his desperate brother. Mom made me promise her that I won't trouble anyone during the shopping. It's been 10 minutes and there's no sign of Nandini, although I know we're early but I can't help it. Suddenly, there was a tap on my shoulder so I looked back to find Cabir grinning at me which made me roll my eyes.

Cabir(singing): Intehaan ho gayi, intezaar ki.

Before I could reply, bhabhi turned me towards her and continued.

Navya: Aayi naa kuch khabar mere yaar ki..

Cabir jumped on me from back.

Cabir: Bewafa toh nahi, yeh Hume hai yakeen

Navya: Phir wajah kya hui, intezaar ki...

I rolled my eyes at them to hide my blush which was already caught by them, much to my horror. Cabir turned me and leaned in closer to my face and I raised my eyebrows at him. Suddenly he shouted dramatically, gaining a heavy audience.

Cabir: Oh my god...

Mom and bhabhi turned towards us again while I face palmed myself.

Nyonika: Kya hua Cabir?

Navya: Haan, aap ne chillaya kyu?

He went towards mom and held her shoulders.

Cabir(dramatically): Mom, your arrogant son, the Manik Malhotra, is blushing. You hear me, He is B-L-U-S-H-I-N-G..

Sometimes I seriously want to kill him for making me embarrass in front of everyone. Mom and bhabhi burst out laughing, along with the people nearby. Oh god!

Nyonika: I'm happy for you Manik. Be happy always.

I smiled genuinely smiled at her and side hugged her. Everything was going perfect until Cabir spoke again.

Cabir: I so wish ki Nandini yahan hoti. I mean yeh usi ka toh Kamal hai...

I glared at him while mom chukled at us.

Navya: Then I think your wish is granted Cabir.

We all looked at her confusingly so she nodded towards the entrance. I followed her gaze and found Nandini entering, fidgeting with her hair.

 I followed her gaze and found Nandini entering, fidgeting with her hair

Nandini's look

Oh. My. God... This is the first time I'm seeing her in this wear, apart from our ceremonies. She was looking breathtakingly beautiful. She approached us and that's when I noticed that mom was standing in front of me while bhabhi was towering Cabir. They were talking casually where mom praised her look and finally the time came when bhabhi told her about a surprise. She cringed her forehead in confusion and aww.. She looked so cute, doing that. Bhabhi moved aside and that's when I came into her view. She looked at me shockingly while I winked her. We were having an intense eyelock which was broken by mom.