58.Let's Play

Humse door jaoge kaise, dil se hum mein bhulaoge kaise ... hum woh khushboo hai joh saason mein bastein hai, khud ki saason ko rok paoge kaise!
~Aamir Khan, Fanaa

Emptiness! Numbness! Confusion! Heartbroken! Anger! Was all I felt. I was a volcano full of emotions, which was ready to burst out any moment. I was having mixed feelings. I do feel bad when I see Navya crying and asking me for forgiveness but at the same time, I can't forgive, my heart can not forget all the pain that it bore. My brain can't tolerate the heartbreak that my parents went through, it shattered my heart to see my parents crying. Yesterday, a lot happened and I was not even able to face everyone once I came back to our room. I cried my heart out and in all these times, Manik held me, supporting me, and standing by me. I know he's hurt too as he has always looked upto Navya as a loving person but then too he sided his emotions just for me and that gesture of his made my heart flutter with happiness. After all, these are the type of men, a girl asks for as a life partner and I'm lucky enough to have him in my life. I felt a pair of arms sliding around me and nuzzling in my neck, which involuntarily arched in response.

Manik: You're OK, right?

Nandini: Yes Manik. Did you realise that this is the ninth time you are asking me the same question?

He turned me to face him and looked at me with a fake annoyed face, looking cuter than ever.

Manik: What yaar! You should be happy that your husband is worried about you so much.

I looked at him as he pouted his lips angrily. I so wanted to gobble him up. I held his face and gave a tight lipped kiss on his cheeks.

Nandini: Manik, you are so cute...

He looked at me with wide eyes and took a step back, startling me. He was looking at me with so much hurt as if he'd caught me cheating on him.

Manik: You called me cute!

He whispered in disbelief while I rolled my eyes at his drama. Of course, the Manik Malhotra's ego was awfully crushed.

Manik: Nandini, girls call me hot, sexy, handsome, Greek god, etc etc but you called me cute. How could you?

I looked at him, stepping closer as he stepped back, till the time he was pinned back to the wall. I blew air on his face as he closed his eyes, I leaned back and looked at his beautifully sculpted face. He is indefinably good looking,a kind that makes you speechless. He frowned not feeling my touch on him and opened his eyes. I leaned in and our lips touched.

Nandini: Remember, one thing Manik Malhotra, I'm not 'like other girls' and that's why you love me..

He immediately opened his eyes and looked at me while I smirked at him and left him, taking a step back. I turned around and was about to leave when he pulled me on his chest.

Manik: You can't go like this, after this seduction of yours.

I bit my lips smilingly as he bit my neck, unannounced, making me hiss in pain. Suddenly, I pushed him on the bed and happiness spread over his face, thinking I'll continue.

Nandini: Manik Malhotra, if you remember, I told you that as soon as everything gets sorted, you have to compensate for your silly mistake.

He looked at me blankly but then groaned in frustration as I smiled victoriously.