69. Happiness All Around

Even if the sun refused to shine
Even if romance ran out of rhyme
You would still have my heart until the end of time
You're all I need, my love, my Valentine
~"Valentine"
~ Martina McBride

Do you suddenly feel lightheaded after you've been under severe stress? Do you ever feel like you were burning through hell at one moment and kept on an ice slab, the other, healing your wounds? Do you ever feel empty in a while and then complete in the other? Do you ever feel like you've been deprived of everything and then suddenly you've everything you ever wanted? If yes, then you might be knowing how I feel right now. I have gone through several emotions in just few hours. These few hours were like a whirlpool of feelings, stress, love, emotions, thoughts, positivity and negativity too. These hours were the extremes and most intense one in my whole life till now. The first half of the whole period was as if I was being punished for all my wrongs at once while the second half was as if my good deeds overpowered the wrongs and a miracle happened. I was finally relieved that now everything's fine because I wanted it to be this way. My thoughts finally came to a halt when Manik applied the brakes, making the car stop with a screech. I looked at him lostly because all this while, I realized that I was drowned in my own thoughts. Manik shifted in his seat and cupped my cheeks.

Manik: Nandini, I know, whatever happened in these few hours, is quite hard to be forgotten but this is what is called life. We go through things that are in our favour and things which aren't but how we deal with it shows our strength and determination. I'm not saying that forget everything that happened, no don't but try to move on. Mukti is fine, our nephew is fine, Abhi is fine and most importantly, everyone is finally happy and at peace. Got it?

I listened each and every word that he spoke and kept them safe in my mind. As he spoke, I realized that I am the luckiest one to have him in my life, it may sound cliché, but it's the factual truth. I nodded at him, trying to blink away my tears, not wanting to cry at that particular moment. He stroke my cheeks and looked in my eyes.

Manik: You don't need to hide it from me Nandini. I can see through your soul. Let it go, Nandini. Don't stop yourself.

This was it. I banged myself on his chest and let go of my tears, which I've been controlling from so long. I didn't know why I was crying but I just wanted to. Manik caressed my hair and kissed my head.

Manik: Don't think too much Nandini. You are just taking out all your hurt, frustration and anger through your tears. Just cry as much as you want but after this I want my Nandini back, I want her smile back, the one that is even brighter than the stars.

I closed my eyes to sink in the peace that his warmth gave me. Nothing could make me feel like this, the way he did. He didn't need to do anything or say anything, he just needed to hug me tightly and say he's there for me and I'll be alright. I finally felt better and broke the hug, looking at him.

Nandini: Thanks Manik, thanks for everything. I don't know where...

He kept his finger on my lips, refraining me to speak ahead. He leaned in closer and took my lips for a soulful kiss. He kissed me tenderly, pouring his love for me. He kissed me gently as if I was the most precious possession of his. He kissed me softly as if he was stopping the time for me. He kissed me passionately as if I was everything he desired. We broke the kiss, in need of air and he joined our foreheads.

Manik: I'm not a friend that you need to thank me for holding you Nandini. I'm not a stranger that are thanking to hear your grieves. I'm your life partner Nandini, your better half. Your joys are mine, your sorrows are mine, your tears are mine, your smiles are mine, your love is mine. What's yours is mine and what's mine is yours. We are meant to share everything and hold on each other at our worst. Never ever thank me for loving you or being with you. Samjhi? Now give me my Nandu smile.