67. An Unexpected Turn Of Event

"Only once in your life, I truly believe, you find someone who can completely turn your world around. You tell them things that you've never shared with another soul and they absorb everything you say and actually want to hear more. You share hopes for the future, dreams that will never come true, goals that were never achieved and the many disappointments life has thrown at you. The things that seem insignificant to most people such as a note, song or walk become invaluable treasures kept safe in your heart to cherish forever. Memories of your childhood come back and are so clear and vivid it's like being young again. Colors seem brighter and more brilliant. Laughter seems part of daily life where before it was infrequent or didn't exist at all. Simple things bring them to mind like a pale blue sky, gentle wind or even a storm cloud on the horizon. You open your heart knowing that there's a chance it may be broken one day and in opening your heart, you experience a love and joy that you never dreamed possible."

― Bob Marley

We came back home after our mini celebration of valentine's day and Manik's birthday. As soon as we stepped inside, mom stopped Manik and did his aarti, much to his annoyance. After that he took blessings from everyone. I stepped towards Cabir and hugged him tightly.

Nandini: Happy birthday Cabir..

He hugged me back, thanking me. We broke the hug and Manik hugged him, wishing him the same. I totally adore their bond, they are each other's best friends, they don't need anybody's company as long as they're together, they both understand each other in a way, like no-one else does. They both broke the hug and together we all settled in the living area.

Cabir: Waise Manik, tu bohot jaldi wapas aagaya? I thought tu kal aayega.

Manik rolled his eyes while I shifted uncomfortably in my seat. I exactly knew where the whole topic was going.

Manik: Come on Cabir, tujhe koi kaam nahi hai kya mujhe pareshaan karne ke alawa?

Cabir: Manik, tujhe pata nahi, bhagwaan ne hume iss dharti par bhejne se pehle mujhse kaha tha ki Cabir, mai tumhe janmsidh adhikaar deta hoon Manik ko pareshaan karne ka.

He spoke dramatically, quoting his words in the air, making us all laugh while Manik glared at him. He looked at me and I immediately straightened my expressions, looking away.

Manik: Oh really? I thought aaj mujhe Baba Cabir baksh denge kyuki aaj hum dono ka hee birthday hai.

Manik spoke as a matter of fact to which Cabir made a haww expression and I was already about to giggle, imagining his epic comeback.

Cabir: Arey Manik, how can I do that? Aaj ke din hee toh ye(teasing) aur bhi zaroori hai, meri jaaneman...

That's it, I burst out laughing, along with Navya, mom and dad while Manik punched Cabir in his stomach. We all were laughing when I noticed Abeer smiling and giggling too, which immediately stopped me from making any movement and admire his innocence. Others also halted, and watched as that little one giggled busy in himself. How I wished to hold him in my arms, once and cuddle with him, to shower him with thousand kisses, to play with his little fingers, to stroke his head and chubby cheeks but wishes often don't come true, they're just illusions which make you crave and become greedy for them. My thoughts came to a stop when I heard dad speaking.

Raj: Kitne maasoom hote hain na yeh bacche. Agar inke aas-paas khushi ho toh khush ho jate hain aur dukh ho toh inki komal aankhon mei bhi aanso aajate hain..

I smiled listening to him and turned my head, back towards Abeer and saw him playing with Navya's fingers as she watched him smilingly with warmth and motherly affection for him. I loved seeing her this happy and peaceful. I'm happy to see her play a mother to her own child, I'm glad to see her finally satisfied with her life.