64. Our Love

"I'm in love with you, and I'm not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things. I'm in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, and that we're all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust, and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we'll ever have, and I am in love with you."
-Augustus Waters
--The Fault in Our Stars
---John Green

As I lay awake, staring at his sleeping figure, I downed in the pool of realisation of the depth of my love for him. With him, time either flies or freezes, there's no in between. He could make my heart go all frenzy or make it skip its beats. He could make me think sane or make me go insane. He can be my peace or make my mind whirl with wild thoughts. And only he could do all this. Only him. I shifted my body closer to him as he shifted his head on his pillow from my chest. His eyes that expressed thousands of emotions that he held were closed as he slept soundly. Yesterday's incident only increased my trust in him, my love for him and my respect for him. The way he reacted to the whole situation, the way he got all possessive about me, the way he soothed my cries and worries, the way he apologized for leaving me alone, his care, his love, his everything intrigues me to the extreme. How can he love me so much?

My thoughts came to a half when I felt him moving and as if on the cue, I automatically stilled on my place. He stirred for a while but then kept his head in the crook of my neck and holding my hand, he drifted back to his peaceful slumber. I smiled at his babyness and careful enough not to break his sleep, I slipped out of the bed to freshen up.

After having a cold shower,I came out to select my clothes for a day. I was rummaging through my wadrobe when my eyes fell on the section which contained all my sarees. I never understood the reason but Manik loved to see me in sarees so I decided to wear one for him. I hastily draped the saree and marched towards the dresser table. I applied kohl, a light pink lipstick and blow dried my hair, leaving them open since Manik likes it that way. I was about to wear my earring when a hand on mine stopped me. I looked at through the mirror only to find him looking at me intensely, making me blush. He looked so enigmatic naturally, with his messy hair and swollen eyes which were a result of a good sleep. He took the earring from my hand and kissed my cheeks from behind.

Manik: Good morning!

He wished me ever so sweetly in his husky voice to which I kissed him back on his cheek.

Nandini: Good morning hubby...

He grinned at me and then started tucking the earrings in my ears gently as if I were made of glass and if he applied any pressure, I'll break. All the while I was looking, no staring at him with all my love whereas his whole focus was on making me wear the earrings. After tucking them in he turned me to face him and picked up the vermilion box from the table and applied a pinch of it on my hairline. I closed my eyes to savour this moment because for me, it was the most valuable part of my life. I opened my eyes to look at him only to find him smiling down at me which I returned warmly. I turned towards the mirror still in his hold and combed my hair while he nuzzled in my neck.

Nandini: Kya baat hai Mr Malhotra,aaj bohot romantic hain aap!

He looked at me with his mischievous smile and pulled me closer.

Manik: Kyuki aaj Mrs Malhotra itni beautiful bhi toh lag rahi hain..

Call me stupid but I blushed at his cheesy line and playfully nudged him by my elbow to which he chuckled.

Nandini: Acha go and freshen up. I'll be waiting for you down.

He nodded and walked towards the washroom but came back and kissed me on my cheeks, surprising me.