62. Unexpressed Emotions

A new day always brings new opportunities and hopes. Similarity, it has brought a new opportunity and hope in my life too. A hope that I'll be able to save Mukti, even though the D-Day is still 9 months away but the fear of losing her would always be on my mind. My thoughts broke as I heard everyone laughing on Manik and Cabir, who were fighting like kids over the last piece of Parantha. It felt so blissful to see everyone, happy and together, safe and sound, laughing and having normal conversations, after so long except Navya. I feel pity on her whenever I see her dull, smiling face as she gazes at everyone, especially Abeer, when she finds him playing with mom dad or Manik, I see that twinkle in her eyes. Suddenly she turns towards me and finds me staring at her. I see this guilt and shame in her eyes but I just can't help it. I can't forgive her this easily, of course I don't keep any grudges against her but this time my heart can't acquit her, knowing the fact that she failed this second chance I provided her. She failed my trust once again. My theorization obstructed by the constant ringing of my phone. I looked at it to find Appa's number and I immediately excused myself, accepting the call.

Nandini: Good morning Appa.

Vishnu: Good morning doll. Kaisi hai tu?

A cheerful voice echoed through my phone, straight into my heart.

Nandini: I'm fine Appa. Aap kaise ho?

Vishnu: Mai bilkul theek hoon Nandu bas Teri bohot yaad aa rahi hai.

My heart swelled up with thousands of emotions as I heard that one sentence.

Nandini: I miss you too appa..

A contented sigh was responded to me as I closed my eyes in peace. Appa is the first man I've ever loved and he's that one person I know would never ever hurt me and I can fully depend on him.

Vishnu: Acha Nandu, mujhe Tum sab se kuch important baat karni hai so can you put the phone on speaker?

This alerted my consciousness as my mind traveled through all the possibilities of the negative things that could happen.

Nandini: What happened appa? Is everything ok? Mukti, is she alright? Are you ok? Amma? Bhai? Sab...sab theek toh hain naa appa?

Vishnu: Nandu, calm down doll. Sab theek hai, it's just that I want to talk to everyone. So now, make me talk to everyone and you'd get to know what I've to say.

I sighed a sigh of relief as he said Mukti's ok because my mind is terrorized with the fact that I can lose her forever. I quickly made my way towards the living area where everyone was sitting and chatting. As soon as they saw me with my phone in my hands, they looked at me confusedly.

Nandini: Actually, Appa is on the line dad. He wants to talk to you all about something.

Dad nodded and gestured me to put the phone on speaker and immediately I complied, keeping the phone in the centre of the coffee table.

Raj: Namaste Vishnu..Kaise ho aap Sab?

Dad started the conversation first in his chirpy articulation which dad equally returned with the same happiness.

Vishnu: Ji, sab log bilkul theek hai. Aap log kaise hain?

Raj: Sab badiya hai ji..

Vishnu: Acha mai aap sabko batana chahta hoon ki aaj humne ghar mei ek pooja rakhwayi hai toh aap Sab log aayiyega.

Nyonika: Pooja kis liye bhaisahab?

Vishnu: Jee woh kal hee hume pata chala ki Mukti maa banne wali hai but ek baar miscarriage hone ki wajah se kuch complications aayi hain jiski wajah se woh naa toh abort kar sakti hai aur naa hee carry. Toh bas sabke well-being ke liye ek pooja rakhwayi hai.