75. Forever and Humesha

But she said where'd you wanna go?
How much you wanna risk?
Coz I'm not looking for somebody with some superhuman gifts,
Some superhero, some fairy tale bliss,
Just someone I could turn to,
Somebody I can kiss.
I want something just like this.
~ Something Just Like This
~Chainsmokers ft. Coldplay

I stood numb, staring at the box of chocolates which said you're going to be a dad. Dad...I... Am... Going... To... Be...A.... Dad... Wow.. I would have a blood of my own.. Like my own... Baby.. Mine and Nandini's... Nandini.. Of freak. I'm so stupid, dumb, idiot, brainless. When Cabir says I'm a donkey, he isn't wrong, I am one. She tried to hint to her pregnancy but I, being a brainless stupid, couldn't decipher. Damn it. I hurriedly ran down after keeping the box safely only to find everyone sitting and chatting on the dining table. Mom saw me and gestured me to join them.

Nyonika: Arey Manik, come beta. We were waiting for you for the breakfast. Come.

She called me while dad was engrossed in the newspaper, Cabir was playing with Abeer while Nandini and Navya were buttering the breads. Everyone was so normal and casual which meant Nandini hasn't told anyone about her pregnancy. She wanted to tell me first but I had to a stupid jerk of a husband. I walked towards them and sat beside Nandini who was already scowling at me, as soon as she saw me.

Cabir: Nandini, today Manik has to go to the outskirts of the city to check the site work there so I'll drop you off. Ok?

Nandini nodded and looked at me even more dangerously which meant I'll chop you off Manik Malhotra. Well, let's just say that I screwed up again by not telling her that I won't be able to drop her off to the hospital today. Damn.

Soon we finished with the breakfast without much talk because everyone sensed the cold war between us. Nandini got up, after having her breakfast and walked out. Cabir looked at me asking me what have I done through his eyes but I just made an innocent face. He sighed and then walked out.

I too left for the site after Nandini and Cabir left. I was driving when I received Cabir's message.

* Ab Kya kar diya tune saale?*

*Bas samajhle I'm stupid.*

*Woh toh tu Waise bhi hai. Tell me something new. Hua kya?*

*I wish I could tell you but it's something very personal.*

*Hmm. I understand that because Nandi bail is not even ready to look at me. She's really pissed. You better manofy her soon or else keher aa jayegi.*

*Thanks for the advice Cabir..Tu na batata toh mai toh kuch karta hee nahi.*

*Jeete raho Manik baba. I know you'll die without me.*

*Buzz off Cabir.*

Cabir and his silly puns. Annoying. They irritate to me to a whole new level. But one thing to be noticed.... Nandini Manik Malhotra is hell angry which means I'm at danger. Damn... What should I do to make her feel better? What.... Oh I know... Wait and watch Nandini... I'll be there for you baby.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Writer's POV

The whole day passed with Nandini being the grumpy doctor and Manik being the nervous husband who was doing everything possible to manofy his wife. Finally it was 9 in the night and Nandini returned home with the intention of just sprawling on the bed....

She wasn't angry with Manik, no not at all because she knew he was dog tired last night and out of tiredness he just couldn't guess. After all he is also a human being, not some superhero or something but it's just her hormonal changes that made her so grumpy about that fact and as a result she became the mini version of her husband.