9.Sweet Moments

The next morning everything took place in a jiffy in both the mansions and why wouldn't it be? After all, both the families were preparing for the one week they were going to spend together. Here, at Murthy's residence, Anita and Mukti were looking after the preparations, when Nandini came downstairs looking oh so pretty even in her casuals.

 Here, at Murthy's residence, Anita and Mukti were looking after the preparations, when Nandini came downstairs looking oh so pretty even in her casuals

Nandini's outfit

Nandini: Good morning everyone...

Anita: Arey yeh good morning chod aur mujhe help kar breakfast set karne mei.

Nandini pouted sadly and said: Calm down mother India... Woh toh mai Waise bhi karungi but first let me greet you all..

They all smiled at her and hugged her. After a lot of hugs and kisses, the three women finally set the breakfast for everyone and were now waiting for the Malhotra's.

Soon the Malhotra's arrived and started greeting each other but two people were restless, two heartbeats were beating wildly and finally they found their solace in each others eyes. Manik and Nandini. Two people meant to be together. They both took blessings from everyone and all of them proceeded for breakfast.

Nandini was sitting opposite of Manik, who was staring at her with much intensity.

Raj: Mukti, you are looking beautiful beta.

Mukti smiled and thanked him and all of them smiled except Navya.

Navya: Mukti tum western clothes kaise pehen sakti ho?I mean you are the daughter in law of this house. A South Indian family.

They all frowned at her while Malhotra's were hell shocked as well as Nandini.

Nandini: Di... What's the problem in wearing western dresses? I mean, when amma appa ko koi problem nahi hai toh aap aise kyu bol rahin hain? I mean apne bhi toh pehni hui hai.... And you're looking very pretty...

Nandini: Nandu, mai tujhse badi hoon so I know everything better than you. Mujhe mat sikha... And as you know we are originally south Indians and we are meant to be covered up and maintain our dignity, which Mukti is obviously not...

They all looked at in shock while Mukti was already in tears. They all thought Nandini might blast off but to their surprise, she smiled and sat beside Navya and held her hand.

Nandini: Di do you seriously think, Mukti wearing western clothes, degrades our dignity? Agar aisa hai toh mai bhi ussi category mei aayi hai naa?

Navya didn't answered her which shocked everyone, especially Manik.

Nandini: Di, we are modern people. We have to change our minds, we have got to modify our personalities. Girls wearing modern dresses is normal, just like they wear traditional ones. As long as our families believe us and are there to support us, we don't have to be afraid of the society.

She stood up and went to Raj and Nyonika and knelt in front of them.

Nandini: Uncle aunty, you know, I've been kept like a princess all the time that I've spent with my family, just like Navya di, so I wore dresses that I liked. Then I went to New York to study further, and there it was normal to dress up as you wanted. I can guarantee you that I respect our culture and traditions. My parents are open minded and didn't have any problems with my dresses and I can assure you that how ever you want me to get dressed, I'll follow your every decision because that's what I've been taught by my parents.