53. Betrayal

Now, I was in my cabin along with Maddy, checking up on some files, after the hectic meeting. My mind traveled back to the whole day. We enjoyed a lot, carefree about everything but Alya's behaviour and fear ran through my veins. Her gaze was enough to frighten me. I was brought out of my thoughts by Maddy's voice.

Maddy: Nanz yaar, where are you lost?

I looked at him with blank eyes and expression so he kept his hand on top of mine. I sighed softly.

Nandini: It's Alya, Maddy. She was very creepy today, no, she's everyday but today it was different than the normal days.I don't know why, but I'm not feeling well. I think..I feel as if something's gonna happen. I wish sab theek ho..

Maddy: Sab theek hoga Nanz. Don't worry.

Suddenly he got up while I looked at him confused.

Maddy: Acha Nanz, mai naa apne cabin mei Jaa raha hoon, I've some work.

I nodded at him but then something struck my head so I stopped him.

Nandini: Dhruv ka kuch pata chala?

He looked at me with guilty eyes and that was enough for me to guess the answer.

Maddy: No

He said in a meek voice and tears already filled my eyes.

Nandini: Find him Maddy, please...

He nodded and then left from there. Since the time Alya has come back in our lives, our sole mission is to find out Dhruv, but unfortunately none of us could find him, even after applying all our sources. I just feel so helpless sometimes, as if I know I'm going to fall ill and I also know the remedy but I am not able to find out where is it.

I again made a futile attempt to engross myself into work and somewhat succeeded too. It was nearly two hours since we arrived in the hospital when my cabin's door flung opened. I looked up to find a distressed Maddy standing there, panting hard.

Nandini: Kya hua Maddy?

Maddy: Nandini, jaldi chal, gadbad ho gayi hai yaar..

I hurriedly got up from my seat and went towards him.

Nandini: Hua kya hai Maddy? Jana Kahan hai?

Maddy: Nandini, Navya ko unexpected labour pain ho raha hai. Sab use yahan le aaye hain and Maine use O.T mei shift karwa diya hai. Now, go.. Fast.

I ran out of the cabin to the O.T and met Cabir in the middle. I assured him through my eyes and ran inside to find Navya screaming in pain. I wore the surgical mask and gloves before starting. I went towards her and held her hand.

Nandini: Come on Navya. You can do it. Just push, and focus on it. Come on.. Do it.

She started screaming and pushing while I was helping her. Suddenly a strange thing happened and all the doctors exchanged looks. How is that possible? Navya ko kitni weakness kaise ho sakti hai?

Nandini: Navya you can't sleep. Please, please get up. You baby would die if you sleep in the middle. Please, himmat rakho.

I started patting her cheeks to keep her awake while the others started helping her. Finally, after a hard labour of hours, she gave birth to a beautiful baby boy, making us all relieved. I picked up the baby in my arms and turned to it to Navya, who already fell asleep. Now, this is something weird.

Nandini: Dr. Nidhi, please check Navya's blood and find out what's wrong with her. Why is she so weak that she couldn't stay awake even after so much of pain?