24. A Date To Remember

I was sitting in my room, my almost empty room, empty because most of my things were now in Manik's room or should I say our room, after all that's where I've to reside my whole life, that's the place which will be my safe zone for my lifetime. It's ironic that everything will be changed in just one night. In fact, I'll have a new family to take care of. It's really strange, all these feelings are eating me up.

I was brought out of my thoughts by the ringing of my phone. It displayed Manik's call so I immediately answered it.

Nandini: Hey..

Manik: Hey, so done with the packing?

Nandini: Yeah.

Manik: What happened?

Nandini(sighs): Manik, I'm nervous.

Manik: Why?

Nandini: I don't know. It's just that I'll have so many responsibilities, everything will be new and...and strange. I.. I just don't know.

Manik: In that case Nandini, I'm also nervous. Do you wanna know why?

Nandini: Why?

Manik: Because, I'll also have responsibilities. I've to make sure that you are happy with me, I'll be answerable to your parents for every tear that you shed. Your happiness and sorrow would be linked to mine.

Nandini: Manik, I'm sure you'll keep me happy. Aur Jo thode ups and downs honge, unhe hum saath milke overcome karenge. You don't need to worry about all these things. Whatever may come, we'll be there to hold each other.

Manik(smiled): So now, did you get your answer for being nervous?

Then it hit me that he was trying to make me understand that I'm being nervous uselessly. I smiled on his ways.

Nandini: Yes, I did...

Manik: Acha leave all this. I have an awesome plan to start our beginning.

Nandini: Acha! Aur woh kya hai?

Manik: You'll get to know, for now all you need to do is, to get ready beautifully and meet me outside at 6.

Nandini: So what are we gonna do?

Manik(teasingly): Do you wanna know here? I mean on the phone? I can show you better when we meet.

I blushed at his mischief.

Nandini: I'll be there. Bye.

Manik(chuckled): Bye. I love you..

Nandini(smiled): I love you too....

I hung up the call and started thinking about him. He's an amazing person, with him, everything seems to be perfect, life is beautiful with him. Our relationship may not be the most perfect, but then anything that is perfect, isn't natural, there's always a little carefulness and falseness in it. Our relationship is imperfect, it has many flaws, with us being totally different from each other, but our imperfections make it perfect. It's natural, beautiful and pure.

I looked at the clock which showed 5. Oh shit, I am wasting my time again. I hurriedly got up and went inside to dress up. At exactly, 5:55 I was dolled up in a red dress with matching shoes and diamond studs. I had left my hair open, since he likes it open. One thing I have  noticed is that he's totally obsessed with my hair and the mole on my neck.

 One thing I have  noticed is that he's totally obsessed with my hair and the mole on my neck