51.Assurance Of Togetherness

As the sun rays hit my face, I woke up to the most beautiful sight. Nandini was getting ready for hospital. I sighed helplessly at the situation, a lot happened yesterday which shouldn't have. I saw Nandini holding the vermilion box and looking at it. Though I wanted to run upto her and take it from her to apply it on her hairline but I waited and acted as if I was sleeping to see if she kept her promise.

I closed my eyes partially and observed her every action. She was about to put the vermilion but then she stopped and sighed softly. She strode towards me and I felt satisfied. She sat on the bed and smiled slightly, ruffling my hair gently. I couldn't control anymore and held her hand that was in my hair and kissed it lightly. Her eyes moistened and that made me to get up immediately and hug her tightly. She gave in almost as soon as I embraced her..

Manik: Nandini please, don't cry. I am sorry please let me explain..

She sobbed but looked at me and held my hand.

Manik: Nandini, it was so sudden when she came and hugged me tightly, crying and sobbing. I was surprised to see her but then she gave me a thousand volt shock saying that Dhruv left her. I still can't believe that Dhruv can do that so I let her stay here thinking that she might harm any one of you. Navya, mom, you, I ...I can't bear to get you people hurt. I know how much she hates Navya so I thought she might harm her baby. I also know that she might as well hurt you so I couldn't take a risk, Nandini. About holding hands and all, then trust me Nandini, I didn't even know when she held my hand, I was just so much worked up that I couldn't realize what was happening. I'm really sorry for hurting you so much..

She hugged me tightly as soon as I finsihed my explanation. She broke the hug as her sobs subsided and looked at me.

Nandini: I'm sorry too Manik. I..I also overreacted. I just can't afford to lose you, after knowing that she is your ex and she still loves you.. Call me selfish but I can't help it.

I sighed sadly and made her looked at me, holding her hands.

Manik: Nandini, I just love you and only you. You won't ever lose me to Alya or anyone. You know why?

She nodded her head in a no.

Manik: Because jaan ho tum meri aur apni jaan ke bina mai kaise rahoonga?Hmm?

She looked at tear eyed and smiled slightly at me while I kissed her forehead softly, after applying the vermilion.

Nandini:I love you...

I smiled and pecked her cheeks.

Manik: I love you too..a lot..

She smiled and hugged me. This felt so peaceful, so good and so right. I was so damn worried about Nandini's reaction but she understood me easily and wisely. Alya cannot be tackled easily and that's something I'm sure about as I've known her for a long time now. She's a rebellious and ambitious girl and I used to admire that about her until now. I really need to find Dhruv to solve all this.

Nandini: Manik....

Manik:Hmm..

Nandini: Please find Dhruv. I don't know why but I feel he's the answer to all our questions. We need to be sure that whatever Alya said was true.

Manik: I know Nandini and I promise I'll try finding him. You just don't worry and trust me, no matter what happens.

She nodded her head and I went to freshen up after telling her to wait for me.

Writer's POV

After freshening up, they both descended down the stairs, hand in hand, looking like a perfect couple which they were.