chapter 1

Liam's lips were crushed against mine as he ran his hands down my sides. He tasted like lemons and smelt like mint. Liam was a nice guy, his blonde hair shone in the sun and his brown eyes were deep and looked like they were full of knowledge. He promised me we would grow old together and although i liked that thought i knew it could never happen. Kissing Liam wasn't amazing, it wasn't bad just not glorious. I knew he enjoyed my kisses but any human would. Werewolves are lusty creatures, men and women humans are drawn to us for some reason, but we don't love them. We only truly love one with out whole being and that is our mate. We find our mate at 17, either them being human or wolf. I didn't know if Liam was my mate, but somehow deep within me i knew because he didn't cause a spark in me he couldn't be the one.

Liam's hands travelled up my loose fitting tee and i could smell the hormones radiating out of my boyfriend's body. I'd been dating Liam for nearly a year and we hadn't done the 'dirty deed'. The poor boy tried to convince me every time we were alone but i was saving myself for my mate. Whoever he is. 

"Liam" I groaned breaking our connection and taking a step back so his hands were by his sides. I say disappointment dawn in his eyes but i turned away looking at the snowflakes fall. The white miracles danced their ways down to the grassy floor. 

"Come on Gem! I...i know i'm not your mate but i love you and you love me and that's right OK?!" Liam started.. i had heard all of this before. The only reason Liam knew about me being a werewolf was because i got really mad when i found out he was flirting with another girl and i accidentally shifted. His reaction did cause me to laugh it was priceless!

"You do love me right..." Liam whispered twirling a piece of my brown hair around his fingers. Oh shit, do i love him? He treats me like a princess but he doesn't complete me. His fingers released my hands and he turned around, murmuring to himself. I rush to him and put my hand on his shoulder but he shakes me off.

"FUCK GEMIMA!" i flinch as he yells my full name before he punches the wall beside him making me jump back. The rage in his aura was frightening me. "I was fucking protecting you Gem! My father wanted to kill you and your pack, he wanted me to worm into your life and i was stupid enough to fall in love with you. You a fucking ANIMAL! Do you want to know why i was so eager to have you with me today? Huh do you?" He yelled still facing  away from me. I tried to process what he was saying.

"My father and his friends have made their way to your pack today.. to KILL THEM! AND I COULDN'T LOSE YOU SO I KEPT YOU WITH ME SO HE DIDN'T KILL YOU!" Liam turned around with his jaw clenched. I gasped and covered my mouth with my hands, without listening to him i broke his window and jumped out, shifting through the air. I was lot faster in wolf form.

The boy that would kiss me, cuddle me and laugh with me... dated me at the beginning so he could kill me in the end? I felt my stomach churn as i got nearer to the pack house in the centre of the woods. I could smell... death. Horror tore through me as my paws hit the ground faster and faster. When i saw the pack house in the distance i shifted and ran to the back door running into the lounge room where i felt the presence of my pack mates. As soon as i entered the room growls filled the air and angered eyes looked at me.

"You traitor. You dated a hunter's son and let him find out about us. His father and friends came here today with shot guns filled with silver bullets and announced fire upon us." The alpha Sam said grief filled his voice, i looked around the room to see some of my friends glaring at me, and saw a body covered in a blanket with some people surrounding it crying. 

"Because of you one of own was killed and many were injured." Sam's voice cut through me like a knife. I rushed to the body pushing the people out of the way and i lifted the blanket. I let out a cry as i looked down into the beautiful green eyes that belonged to my best friend Kate. My body shook as tears fell down my cheek and i closed Kate's eyes, kissing her eyelids.

"How dare you touch her, this was your doing Gemima" Sam said from behind me. I didn't want to argue with the Alpha but i had no choice.

I rose up and turned to Sam.

"I didn't know that Liam and his father were hunters" I say accidental letting out a sob as my best friends death dawned on me. We were as close as sisters and she's dead. All because of me.

"It doesn't matter because of YOU MY MATE IS DEAD GEMIMA! YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH THAT HUMAN KILLED HER!" Sam screamed into my face. Kate was his mate? Oh yeah he's 19 so he would know, that's why he was extra protective of her, not protective enough. "SHE WENT OUTSIDE BECAUSE THE HUNTERS SAID THAT YOU LEAD THEM HERE AND THAT YOU WERE AT GUNPOINT! AND AS SOON AS SHE LEFT THE HOUSE SHE WAS SHOT!".

"I...i'm sorry" I cry.

"Get out of here Gemima, you are banished from this pack and this town. If I EVER smell you on our land again i will kill you myself!" Sam demanded. I was being ripped from the pack! I looked around the room but my 'friends'just looked down or glared at me so i ran out of the pack and to my house. I climbed up the tree and along the branch to my window climbing inside. I grabbed a suitcase and threw all my clothes and special belongings into it. Then i grabbed a back pack and threw my wallet, car keys and ipod in their making sure i wasn't carrying anything my parents could track me with. I then went into my parents room grabbed 2 photos, one of myself and parents at the beach and another my parents kept of myself, Kate and our other friend Megan. I found the stack of money for my university fund and put it into the bag. It was only $300 but i had a savings card with a heap of money on it. 

Grabbing my suitcase and bag i ran down the stairs and into the kitchen wiping away some of my tears. I had to think strategically so i grabbed a food/drink storage bag and threw in 2 bottles of water, a few apples, granola bars, a big packet of pretzels, peanuts and almonds. I didn't have to eat much as i could just hunt as my wolf. I pulled a piece of paper out of a notebook and wrote on it "Mum, Dad. I have been banished from the pack and from the land. I couldn't bring you down with me, you have your friends and business here. I love you forever and always and hopefully one day we will meet again. I will survive and don't try and look for me. Love your daughter Gemima" I drew a heart on the bottom of the page and placed it in plain sight. I saw my laptop and car chargers ont the table and grab them taking time to put the laptop in its case and i turned around taking in my house before walking out of the house and to my car packing everything in the backseat of my old ford that i kept hidden in the shed in the woods. I bought the car a month ago but was planning on surprising my parents with it but i guess i can't anymore. 

My body was shaking from my cries as i got into the drivers seat and drove away down my street, through my suburb and city. As i reach an intersection i stopped and looked out the window to my mothers and I's favorite coffee shop. To my dismay i saw my parents sitting on a table drinking coffee laughing. My mother caught my eyes and her mouth formed an o and i saw her mouth my name and start to stand but as soon as the light turned green i sped off towards my future and away from everything i loved.

Away from my life.

__________________________________________

AUTHORS NOTE: Hi this is like a prologue to bear with me :) Hope you like it so far, please vote/comment and add to library! Also follow me and check out my other books :) Photo is of Gemima