chapter 13

Ch13

Selena’s P.O.V

“Princess, Princess Selena can you hear me?” I heard a voice say. I wanted to answer and say that I was fine but I didn’t feel fine. I was tired and I wanted to sleep forever. But I knew that I had to wake up, and that’s what I tried to do. I tried to open my eyes but it was too bright so I ended groaning.

“Princess, are you awake?” I heard the voice say.

“Too bright.” I croaked, damn my throat my dry and I needed a drink.

“Princess please try to open your eyes.” And that’s exactly what I did. It took a couple minutes but I was finally able to adjust to the light. I looked around and noticed that I was in the infirmary and Aubrey was sitting next to me.

“Aubrey?” I croaked.

“Here, drink this.” She said handing me a cup of water which I gladly took.

“Thanks Aubrey.” I was about to ask her what happened but the events of last time came back.

“Are you okay princess?”

“Yeah don’t worry about me.” I said getting out of bed.

“Princess where are you going. You need to rest.”Aubrey said.

“I’m fine Aubrey.” I said leaving the infirmary. I went to my room and changed into comfy jeans and wore one of my favorite hoodies. I looked in the mirror and noticed a bruise on my cheek when I was slapped last night. I went downstairs looking for Caspian when I heard noises coming from the living room. So I  made my way over there. I was surprised to see Max and Derrick arguing with King Vincent, Wyatt, and Zach about something, whereas my dad and Caspian tried to settle things. Apparently they didn’t seem to notice that I entered the room because they kept on arguing. It was wasn’t until I cleared my throat that all eyes snapped towards me.

“What’s going on?” I asked. In an instant both Max, and Derrick, were standing in front of me. “Selena are you okay?” they asked.

“Guys I’m fine stop making such a big deal out of it.” I said.

“Stop making such a big deal out of it. Selena it is a big deal you’re our sister. Have you looked in a mirror. Have you seen the bruise on your cheek and on your wrists. And the bandage on your head.” They said together. I swear it was like they memorized it. It was kind of freaky.

“Yes, I did look in mirror and I have seen the bruise on my cheek, but what’s done is done. So just let it go for now please. I’m trying to block out the events of last night.” I said giving them both a hug. I then made my way over to Caspian and hugged him. “Thank you so much Caspian.” I whispered as I felt the tears fall down my cheek. “I don’t know what would have happened if it weren’t for you.” I said looking at him.

“Hey, hey, come on don’t cry.” He said wiping away my tears.

“Thank you.” I whispered

“You don’t have to thank me. If anything you should be yelling at me because it’s my fault I should’ve been by your side the whole night. And for that I’m truly sorry.”

“Caspian, it wasn’t your fault. please don’t say it was your fault. I was the one who asked you to watch from afar.” I said as my eyes started tearing up again.

“hey, come on we agreed no crying. You’re going to end up making me cry and it’s not cool to see a guy cry.” He said causing me to laugh.

“See, now that’s better.” He said satisfied by his attempt to cheer me up.

“Princess, I heard about what happened from my sons and I’m glad to see that you’re okay.” King Vincent said.

“Thanks.” I said smiling. “If it weren’t for Wyatt and Caspian I wouldn’t have made it. So thank you Wyatt.” I said looking at Wyatt at the last part.

“Anytime.” He said.

“Anyways,” I said looking at Max and Derrick “What were you guys arguing about.”

“Nothing.” They both said

“Well it didn’t sound like nothing to me.”

“Selena dear, the Archibald’s proposed an idea and your brothers didn’t really like it which lead to the argument.” My dad said.

“Ok, What’s the idea.”

“We would like you to come live with us.” King Vincent said. “For now at least. We can protect you and it would prevent another incident like last night’s from happening.”

I stared at him in shock, but then his words registered in my head, “Wait are you saying that my family can’t protect me?” I asked.

“No of course not. I didn’t mean it like that. I’m pretty sure that your family can and are willing to protect you. It’s just that it will be easier and safer for you. You won’t have to come every other day to our kingdom in order to feed because you and Wyatt will be living under one roof. It would prevent another incident from happening.” King Vincent said.

“Daddy, can I talk to you please?” I turned to King Vincent and said, “Will you excuse us for a minute?”

“of course princess take your time.” He said.

My dad, Derrick, Max, Caspian and I left to the room in order to discuss things among ourselves. “What do you think dad? About his suggestion ?” I asked my father. “You’ve been awfully quiet.”

“Well Selena dear I think you should go.”

“You what???” both Max and Derrick yelled at the same time.

“Look, I really don’t want to send you away let alone send you to live with the Archibald’s who have been my enemies for a long time, but I do believe that they will do everything in their power to protect you, even if they’re doing it for their son’s protection. They’re still willing to protect you.”

“Wait are you saying that you’re not willing to protect me.” I said raising my eyebrow in an accusing way.

“What? Of course I’m willing to protect you. You’re my baby girl and I would die for you in an instant. I’m not telling you to live with them forever just for a while at least until I deal with Frank and his group, It might take a while, but no one will even think about looking at the Archibald’s for you because we’re enemies. And of course Caspian will be going with you. Ok?” my dad said. “take a few minutes to think by yourself and we’ll be waiting for inside.” And with that he took my brothers and they went back in.

“What should I do Caspian?” I asked.

“I can’t tell you that Selena, that’s your decision to make, but whatever you choose I will stand by your side. You have my word.”

“Thank you Caspian. You really are the best bodyguard/best friend I could ever ask for.”

I took a few extra minutes then made my way back in to tell them what my decision is. As soon as I entered the room all eyes turned towards me.

“Have you made your decision princess?” King Vincent asked.

“Yes I have. My decision is……”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cliffhanger!!!!! hope you enjoy

please comment