Chapter 5: Rain

She was at work. Spacing out. Thinking about last night. Kate felt a real connection to this man. But it was wrong in so many ways, because he was married to her sister. Her sister for heavens sake! Kate wanted him. She wanted to feel his skin and for him to feel hers.

"Hey." That simple hey shook Kate from her thoughts and she swiveled around in her chair.

She was shocked.

"R-Rick?" Kate stuttered out, "Wh-what are you doing here?"

"Camila's purse was stolen, so we were down at robbery. She was busy giving a statement and I knew you worked here-so, um...I came here to visit. Talk about going out some time." Rick said with shakiness in his voice.

"You do know you're married right?" Kate joked causing a small laugh between the two.

"Ha...so when do you get off of work?"

"8:30."

"8:3- my goodness!"

"But I have a break in 10 minutes." Why did Kate say that! She was not going to go on a 'date' with this man!

"Great! We'll go to a coffee shop I know, it's great. And I get free stuff from there, like cops with donuts."

"Very funny."

"Thank you. I thought you would enjoy that joke. Whenever I try to tell them to Cammie, she gets offended which I don't understand. But ya gotta love her."

"I like your jokes." She winked.

"I can tell." He chuckled.

Then there was a moment of silence. It wasn't awkward and it wasn't really ever silent in the bull pen, but it was metaphoric. Kate went back to typing on her computer and Rick seemed intrigued. He sat down in a chair next to her desk and observed. But he was mostly staring at her.

He thought she was a goddess. Her Carmel hair and hazel eyes, her perfect complexion and amazing personality. She was the description of perfection.

"Staring is creepy." Kate stated without removing her eyes from the computer.

"I can't help it."

Kate was about to reply when The elevator doors dinged and Camila stepped out striding over to the pair which consisted of her husband and her sister. She wrapped her arms around Ricks chest and kissed his cheek.

"What'd they say?" Rick questioned.

"They said that they would try and find the guy but since my wallet was in my jacket I told them if they can't that would be ok. Ready to go, baby?" Camila asked.

"Um, Im going to stay here because Kate and I are- planning something for you- and you can't know. Here take the keys. Love you." He kissed her softly. Camila just smiled and walked to the elevator.

As they kissed Kate looked away. She was jealous and that was bad. She wanted Rick. She deserved him. Nothing in her life has gone well, and she deserves this, she deserves him. What if she had him? Her life would be great.

Rick then turned back to Kate after Camila left, and flashed a charming smile,

"So, when's your break?"

"I guess now," She laughed, She turned around and got up and walked into the break room with Rick following her, she found Espo and Ryan, "Hey boys, I'm going on my break, ok?"