Chapter 9: Hesitant

Rick was driving Kate back to her apartment and she hasn't said a word since they left. He could tell that she was hurting from the fact that her own sister didn't want to ever see her again. She was holding it together but he could tell she was about ready to falling apart.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"I'm fine." Kate whispered her voice betraying her.

"I'm sorry."

"Can we not talk about this?"

"Of course."

Soon he had her back at her apartment and he walked her up holding her hand for not only her comfort but for his. She unlocked the door and walked her inside. He kissed her softly not earning a response from Kate. He could tell she was really upset.

"Alright, if your all set here, then-"

"Please stay!" She cried out, latching her arms onto him and began crying. She let it all out. She felt as thought she could, as if he would accept her for all her flaws.

"I- I can't- I- I won't- why won't Camila forgive me..." Kate cried holding onto Rick like a life line. Kate couldn't stand anymore so Rick helped her get to the couch. He wrapped his arm around her and set her down on the couch holding her against his chest, and he could feel a calming in her breathing.

"It's going to be ok."

"No," she sniffled, "it's not. She hates me! She never wants to see me again, it's all my fault."

"No, it's not. She'll forgive you-"

"And what if she doesn't!" Kate began getting hysterical again.

"She will your sisters, your family, you'll make up."

"I just- I just can't- I-"

"I know, I know it's hard, and feel free to cry, I'm here, I'll always be here."

"Always?"

"Always."

Kate snuggled up against him calming down, content with his answer, she then slowly fell asleep and her crying subsided.

///

Kate awoke in the morning laying in the same place she had fallen asleep noticing that Rick was not asleep but watching her.

"What did I tell you about staring?" She giggled.

"That it's all I should do all the time." He joked back.

"Why didn't you move me? If you were uncomfortable you could've moved."

"I didn't want to wake you. You had a rough night and you seemed so tired and I thought the least I could do was make sure you felt safe."

"Aw, thank you." Kate said sitting up and kissing Rick softly. It soon turned into something more and she then had her back on the couch and he was on top of her. Rick started tugging at her shirt when she stopped him.

"Not right now, ok, we just got together." Kate said.

"You were pretty eager last night." Rick smirked sitting up.

"Can we not talk about last night?"

"Anything for you."

"And I don't mean that we can't have hot, steamy make out sessions, because I'm totally in the mood for those."

"Don't tease me."

"I'm not."

"Right now?" He smirked once more.