Chapter 7: Lightning

"What?" Camila choked out.

"Camila. Listen to me-" Rick began.

"No, you listen to me! You cheated on me, with my own sister! How could you?"

"Hold on. A second ago you were fine asking me how happy I was with her."

"I didn't know it was Kate!"

"Why does that make a difference!"

"Because were related, we look alike! It's weird and-and-"

"And what?"

"I hate you."

"You told me that you happy for me."

"That was before I knew you were having sex with her!"

"I have not slept with her number one. And number two, you agreed that we were over.

"I do, I did, I do. I do agree. We aren't happy. Not anymore. And what right do I have to be mad at you. She's at more fault than you are. We're sisters, basically twins. You think you know someone, next thing you know-"

"She tried to stop it, but-"

"But you being the perfect man you are, you kept pushing, and my guess is she ran away."

"Ding ding ding."

"She still likes you."

"And how do you know that?"

"When she runs away it means she really cares. If she had stayed, it would've meant she didn't care enough to spare your feelings when she broke it off."

"Oh."

"Yeah, well I've had a pretty exhausting day so far, so I'm going to go to bed, in- in the guest room of course."

"Alright. I'm sorry."

"It's fine."

"Goodnight."

"Night."

Rick watched as his soon to be former wife slowly walked up the stairs. At least now he knew that he had a chance with Kate. A chance to get it right this time. He wanted to tell her right away and because it was only six, he figured what the hell. He was eager and he was in love. All he wanted was Kate. A chance to live happily ever after. To give her everything she needs, wants. He wants to laugh with her and grow old with her.

He grabbed his keys and bursted through the door and down into his car. It was rather dark for only so early in the evening and the lighting was starting.

He made it to Kate's apartment in record time and calmed himself down and remained composed the elevator ride up and the walk to her door.

He knocked three gentle times and waited jingling the keys in his pocket.

In what seemed like hours was only a few seconds and the door was opened and a surprised Kate was on the other side.

She was wearing leggings and a sweatshirt and had no makeup on and her hair in a ponytail. He thought she looked absolutely adorable.

"Wha-what are you doing here?" She asked shakily.

"Can I come in?" Rick asked quickly, continuing to jingle his keys.

"Um, you know what, I don't think that's the best thing. I think you should go."

"Why? Do you have someone inside? Am I interrupting?"