Chapter 11: Confrontation

"You ready?" Rick asked as he opened the car doors for Kate.

"Yeah, let's go." She replied stepping into the car, and putting on her seatbelt.

The drive to the loft wasn't that long, and Kate was talking her finger against the window the whole time.

"Everything is going to be ok."

"No it's not, she's going to reject me, she's never going to want to see me again." Kate frowned, looking down.

"She's going to forgive you, and everything is going to work out."

"But how can you be so sure?"

"I can't, but I can hope. And I hope for the best. I'll be right out here waiting if you need me." Rick smiled and watched as Kate got out of the car and disappear around the corner.

Kate walked into the building and was tapping her right foot on the elevator floor the whole ride up. 

She was hesitant but certain as she walked up to the door. She lightly knocked on it, an it almost immediately opened.

Her sisters expression changed from neutral to angry. She tried to close the door but Kate put her foot inside and tried pushing her way inside until Camila opened the door but kept Kate in the hallway.

"What to you want." She said coldly.

"C-can we talk?" Kate almost whispered.

"I'm not up for it."

"Please."

"I told Rick I never wanted to see you again."

"I know and that's why I want to talk to you."

"You want to talk to me just because I said I didn't?"

"No! I mean I want to talk to you because I can't live the rest of my life knowing that I'll never see my sister again. That's why, and please-please just let me in." She begged.

"Why should I?"

"To let me explain, everything."

"You have five minutes." Camila said stepping aside and letting her sister inside.

"4 minutes and 56 seconds, 55..."

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you, because I love you, and I can't keep pretending to be happy when I'm not. I hate fighting with you, and I hate knowing that I'm the reason why. I'm willing to do anything for you in order for you to forgive me. Just name it and I'll do it."

"Anything?"

"Anything."

"Break up with Rick." She said without a doubt.

"Done." Kate said back with and equal speed.

"Really?"

"Yes. I want to be sisters again, and if that means leaving Rick, as much as he means to me, I'll do it, because you mean more to me than a guy."

"Don't break up with him." She sighed.

"What?"

"I'm not going to ruin your life, just to make mine feel better."

"Then what can I do?"

"Nothing, you've done enough."

"No, please-"

"I'm mean that in a good way, Kate."

"Huh?"

"You were willing to leave Rick just for me, and I know how miserable that would make you, and yet- you really want me to forgive you don't you?"