Chapter 21: Appointments

Rick went back to his mothers loft and plopped down on the couch and crossed his arms with his back against the couch.

His mother walked down the stairs and saw her son.

"How'd it go?" She asked sitting down next to him.

"It started off good, and then the morning was even better, but then it all went downhill." He complained with a frown.

"Oh perk up kiddo." She rubbed his shoulder, giving him comfort.

"I can't."

"Well...what did you do to make the plans go downhill?"

"I brought it up."

"Brought what u-Ohh. Tsk, well why would you go and do a thing like that?"

"Because I thought she would like an apology."

"How many times have you told her you're sorry?"

"To many..."

"Then that's your problem. Just enjoy the present, because if she's happy then don't change anything. Trust her, that she'll bring up the subject. How did she kick you out?"

"Actually, I left, more like stormed out." He remorsed.

"Richard..."

"Well what was I supposed to do, mother! She's the one who called me and wanted me to be with her. And I did. So I don't see the problem."

"How did you express your anger?"

"I told her that if she called me and ever needed something that I wouldn't be there, and then I left."

"You probably broke her heart."

"She-"

"Do you still love her?"

"You know I do."

"Ok, so go from there. Make it up to her without telling her that you're sorry. Do acts of kindness for her. Make her feel special, not hated. Then everything will resolve."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm your mother."

"Alright, when should I-"

"I'd go now."

"Thank you mother."

"Go get her back."

"I will." He smiled and hurried out the door knowing exactly what to do. He went to multiple different locations gathering what he needed to show Kate how much he loved her. He wasn't mad at her. He has never been mad at her. He was mad at himself, mad because he wasn't good enough for her. He wanted to be her dream man and give her everything she could possibly need. Could possibly want.

He quickly hurried back to her apartment and gathered all of the things he bought. He set up everything in front of her door and knocked and waited.

///

Kate was in a restless sleep when a knock on her door awoke her. She peeled her eyes open and looked at the clock. It read 12:24. She hesitantly sat up and groaned carefully making her way to the door. She pulled the handle and gasped at the sight in front of her.

She smiled.

There in front of her was Rick holding a bouquet of Roses, a stuffed bear, some cookies, and to top it all off he was wearing a suit.

"Hi." He said.

"Hey." Kate was still rather tired but at the moment it all disappeared as she was stunned.

"Can I come in?"

"Uh-sure." Kate didn't really know what to say, she didn't know whether to be upset with him or not.

"I decided to do something special for you, because you deserve to be recognized-" he began but was cut off.

"Rick-"

"Please let me finish. Listen...you mean the world to me, and I hate seeing you hurt, especially when I know that I'm the reason you're hurting. Then I started thinking, you deserve the world and I want to give it to you. These are for you, to show you how much I-how much I love you. I love you Kate. And I want you to know that I love you for you. I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me. I would love another chance to prove myself to you that I am the man you once loved because I will never stop loving you, I will be so thankful. This stuff isn't me trying to buy your love, it's me giving you what you always deserved from someone who thinks you're special. Now I'll give you time to process all of this and you can tell me what you think at dinner tonight, I will send my driver to pick you up and 6:40 to take you to Le Cirque. You meeting me there will be you starting over with me. Now if you don't want to start over and you never want to see me again then tell the driver you don't want to go and he will contact me, and I'll never bother you again." And with that Rick quickly left.

Kate picked up the bear he had set on the counter and smiled. It was cute soft, and was holding a heart in its paws.

He did this for her. She knew he was basically apologizing, but he did it without saying he's sorry. He's showing her that he's sorry, which is different than wearing out the words because words are useless. It's the actions that matter, they set everything apart or bring them all together.

She decided. She would go and she would start over, because everyone deserves another chance. But Camila was a whole other story. She would fix things between her and Rick and then depending on if Camila has tried to ale any contact her, will decide whether she's going to be the bigger person or not.

The biggest problem of the night was figuring out what to wear and if she could make it through. She would try her very best, she was going to look amazing, and everything will go great, she tried to convince herself.

And who knows. Maybe it will go the way she wants, or...in the other hand, it will go in the complete opposite direction and everything will spiral even more out of co trip than they already are. It was a gamble, a pretty big one, but she was willing to take it full, head on.

SHORT SHORT I KNOW BUT AT LEAST ITS AN UPDATE! ENJOY THIS MY LOVELIES AND I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE AN AMAZING DAY!

        - K