Chapter 6: Thunder

Kate was surprised to say the least. She was amazed. His lips were so soft. And hers fit perfectly together with his. He pushed her back gently against the side of her car. He placed one hand on her lower back and the other cupping her cheek.

Kate interlocked her arms around Ricks neck and let their tongues battle each other. Kate was getting everything she could from this kiss smelling his sweet and calming natural vanilla scent. But then she felt guilt. She was kissing her sister's husband. So she pulled away.

"What are you doing!" Kate asked.

"What?" He asked.

"You were just kissing me, and you're married."

"I know."

"You should stop!"

"But I thought you liked it, I'm sorry."

"I did! I do! And I didn't want to stop." She frowned.

"Ok." He said kissing her pulse and gently sucking on it. Kate couldn't suppress her moan which only made Rick keep going. She ran her fingers through his hair and laid her head on his shoulder. There was no one on the side of the precinct so she had nothing to worry about. But she couldn't keep going.

"Please stop." Kate breathed.

"No." Rick said returning to her lips.

"Please."

"Do you want me to stop." He said pulling back.

"No, but you have to."Kate said, pushing him back, farther. She was getting emotional. She was so guilty.

"Are you ok?"

"Why on earth would I be ok!" She yelled. The rain had stopped, but the wind had picked up and the dark clouds had formed.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be, I let it happen. I shouldn't have." She said wiping her tears away. There wasn't many fallen tears but it was still evident she felt remorse. 

"Don't cry, I'm the one who kissed you." He put a piece of stray hair behind her ear.

"And it was great, that's the whole problem. You make me feel great."

"Do you want to continue."

"No! It's wrong and in the end nothing is going to go our way, and I'm just going to hurt my sister. She's going to hate me! I'm so stupid!"

"You're not stupid, your wonderful."

"Just stop! Just go, I have to get back to work." Kate then turned around and ran for the precinct.

"Kate, wait!" Rick wanted to run after he but he held back. He didn't want to upset her more that's he already had.

Kate was flustered when she entered the precinct. Espo and Ryan approached her.

"Hey we have an update." Ryan began.

"On what?"

"Who, actually. We found Logan. We brought him in, and with a few questions he cracked."

"Oh, really?"

"Yeah, so case closed, are you ok?" Espo asked.

"Yeah-yeah. Good work guys."

///

Rick hopped into his car and drove to the loft. The thunder had started and he had just gotten home.