Ch.51

I strolled the busy streets of Las Vegas with my Michael kors bag in hand.

Today is a me day. A day to enjoy myself and pretend as though the world isn't on my shoulder.

The bell chimed as I entered the restaurant. I searched for the familiar Mohawk and managed to slide into the booth unnoticed.

"Long time no see stranger" he removed his glasses.

"I could say the same to you king" he slid my sweet tea over to me as he sipped on his.

After hours of endless begging over the phone after calling him nearly 37 times in a row, he finally agreed to hear me out.

"I'll admit I was a bit skeptical about coming, it took everything in me not to stand you up. But I figured I've held my grudge long enough."

I sigh and dropped my shoulders. "Well I'm glad that you didn't, your my only friend and it's been to long."

"That's not exactly an apology you know." He said.

"I'm sorry, about everything. But only if  you promise to except my love life." I held out my pinky waiting for him to grab ahold.

"I apologize, on my behalf as well, and I'll try to hold my tongue about who you choose to love."

"King" I whined. "I don't need you to try, promise me."

"Girl you know I ain't bout to hold my tongue for anybody, but I promise." He locked his pinky around mines.

"So, how was South Africa?"

Shit! I hope he doesn't fell some type of way about us not inviting him.

"Sorry, about that. It was just we weren't on good terms and I didn't need any drama."

"I understand that, I'm asking how was the trip in general? Did you enjoy yourself?" He asked.

"It was fun actually, I really enjoyed myself, and their beaches are to die for."

I began to scroll through my camera roll and show him pictures from all my photo shoots.

"Girl who beat your face?"

"I don't remember, why? Is it bad?"

"No, but clearly whoever did was a rookie."

"How would y-"

"ladies and gentlemen rae sremmurd has now entered the building."

"SREMM LIFE SHIT, FREE THE POT!"

"God, please no" I whispered to myself.

"I know I promised to keep my mouth closed about your lovers, but if I'm not mistaken, light skin and Aquafina have entered the building. Not sure who that other guy is?" King said.

I turned my head a bit and saw exactly who I was dreading not to see, Khalif. I've been on my best behavior and went against all odds to keep my distance from him, and here he is. In the flesh, in the same fucking restaurant as me. How great is my life?

"Is that you riri, I haven't heard from you in a minute" Khalif said as he approached the table with jxmmi and jay hot on his heels.

"Hi, Khalif, jxmmi and jay"

Can  they please just go about their business?

"Sup, girl, sup guy" jay said.

"Oh, um jay this is my friend Kingsley, Kingsley this is jay"

"Dj jaysremm" he corrected.

" king, you already know Khalif and Aaquil."

" how could I forget?" The sarcasm that rolled off his tongue was more than evident in the tension filled atmosphere.

"Well, I'll leave you two to your girl time, I'll be by your house later" Khalif said as jxmmi and jay went to a table.

He leaned down into my ear, "I want to see you naked with a bowl of pineapples." He kissed my cheek and walked off.

"By the redness of your cheeks, Someone must be getting dicked down tonight."

I covered my cheeks. "Keep your voice down were in public."

"Public my ass. Word on the street is that you got your own place now?" King asked.

"Word on the street? Who tf, I'm not with that street life stuff. Who gave you that information?"

"Calm down detective kyrie, Just know I have my ways. Not to mention ever since tmz got footage of your dad blowing up on you, they've been on your ass non stop." He laughed.

"They got photos of you leaving your house, by yourself, and with that light skin nigga etc."

"Can a girl get any privacy?" I asked.

"When your  the daughter of a billionaire? Hell no!"

I took a look at the buzzing phone in my lap. Khalif sent me a picture of my back leaning on the balcony with my legs in the air. I looked up and looked across the room, he licked his lips as our eyes connected.

"Hello, earth to kyrie? I know your boyfriend here but damn" king said.

"I'm sorry, what?"

"I was telling you about I how I broke up with my boyfriend but I see you ain't listening."

"I'm all ears, we talk about me to much anyway. What happened?"

He released a sigh. "He's to damn clingy"

"How clingy?"

"Like if your going to the bathroom I'm going to watch you take a shit, clingy."

"Eww" I laughed.

The rest of the day we spent our time catching up on each other's lives and having a good time as always. I'm glad I it my friend back.

"Friends come and go, but those who are truly meant to be in your life will always come back."
-mama