Ch.54

I ran my fingers through my dark silk hair, while examining my outfit in the mirror.
"Take a picture while it lasts, cause once that baby weight starts kicking in you'll miss times like these." King said.

"Are you saying I'm going to get fat?"

"Not necessarily, but you will gain a couple pounds, you've never seen a pregnant woman? You know the swollen feet, back aches, nausea-"

"Ok, I don't want to hear anymore," putting my hand up to silence him.

"So I've been thinking about going back to Mississippi." I said while pulling clothes off hangers.

"Your kidding right?" King asked.

"No I'm not"

"Well, due to your past life it's a little shocking you'd want to go back there." He pulled the his head off my big bear Khalif gave me and sat upright.

"I thought it over, and I just need a break from it all. Regardless of what happen before I left, Mississippi will always be my home."

"I understand, there's no place like home."

I closed up my suitcase after throwing just about half my closet in. I didn't tell king the real reason I'm thinking about leaving, well at least not the whole truth. I do need a break, but I'm finally going to visit my mothers grave for her birthday.

It cut me deep and took sometime to get over the fact that I missed her funeral, but in a way I was thankful. I wouldn't have been able to handle seeing her like that anyway.

"You talked to your pops lately? He asked.

"Actually I haven't seen him since I got my own place, but we call each other occasionally, just to stay updated."

"Is he going with you back to Mississippi?"

"No, why would he?" I asked.

"Isn't he your father?"

"Obviously, but what would he go back for, to see how much it's changed? My mother is dead and his relationship with her is long and gone. He has no reason to come, not him, not swae not Jxmmi. I need to do his on my own."

"I feel ya, hopefully you'll come back with some peace at mind." He grabbed his leather jacket off my bed and we exchanged our goodbyes.

-

BANG! BANG!

My mother knocked on the door vigorously.

"Kyrie open the door, let's just talk about this."

"What is there to talk about? The fact that you lied," I opened the door to a my teary eyed mother.

"The fact that you knew he wasn't my father. For 9 months I was mourning over a man who wasn't even my biological father."

"It's not like your complete strangers kyrie, he may not be your father but he is your uncle, and despite the truth finding its way to you, you will respect him. When  Charles was out living his life his brother raised you." She said.