Prologue

"This.....is so.......boring..."

Princess Hope Ellendiel of the small island kingdom of Fulmen sighed as she sat upon her throne in the magnificent hall.

It wasn't as if Hope had anything against the palace itself. It was a beatutiful place, with walls adorned with gold, tapestries that depicted a beatiful golden dragon in every room, and amazing architecture, even to one who was born and raised in this place, it still held some sort of awe in it.

The problem Hope actually had at the moment was more about this boring imprisoning lifetstyle.....never being allowed outside the palace, always behind closed walls, never even having some face time with the people she governed. It was infuriating.

Sometimes she felt that the whole 'protection' deal was some sort of scheme to keep her in the dark. After all, she was the one with the dragon blood of Thundaarix running through her veins......she could take care of herself just fine. But did the steward Constantine listen to this reasoning? Nooooo. Instead he kept her sitting in this throne room like some sort of puppet on a shelf.

Suddenly her thoughts were interrupted by a small green cat wearing a monocle and a clean red and gold gaurd's uniform who stood by the throne. "I know it's quite an unbearable circumstance M'lady, but please do try to endure it........I will speak to Constantine later......I believe this quarantine of your life has gone far enough."

"It's alright Arthur....." said Hope with a sigh. "We both know that he's probably going to just come up with some silly excuse anyways........and since the throne isn't officially mine until I'm 18........Constantine is the one with all the authority........."

"Still, that does not make Constantine the King himself!" said Arthur indignantly. "For years I have served this family, and I have never seen such a stuck-up steward to the throne as him. It's only been a year since your father's death and he's already abusing his power like a snob."

"But what can we do about it...?" said Hope gravely. "And besides....this whole assasination thing is just giving him more of an excuse to keep me locked up and throw away the key....."

"Yes...about that M'lady.......The threat to your life is quite real.....but of course we cannot afford to let the royal gaurd handle the protection detail, not with Constantine flaunting them about like his own personal army. So I think I have found a way to counter that....."

"How?" said Hope. "I hope you know, trusting any sort of mercenaries is out of the question."

Arthur adjusted his monocle slightly with his paw. "Actually......I was thinking of hiring some.....foreign professional help. But rest assured it isn't anything as low as some half baked mercenaries. See for yourself.."

Arthur pulled out a sheet of paper and handed it to Hope who began to read it. "Wizard guilds?"

"Indeed.." said Arthur. "And the best in the bussiness. I hired specifically from Fiore due their reputation for having some extremely strong mages. In fact.........one of them just so happens to be related to you...."

"Huh!?" said Hope. "But my father had no other children........and neither did my grandparents.....our family has only been that of a singular child for generations..."

"Not a relative on the human side.." said Arthur. "Have you ever considered that Thundaarix might have blessed other children since she left for that Science world eons ago?"

"Well.........not really......I don't know much about dragons....."

"Well she had one other child..........a girl who is known by the name Railgun thanks to a unique technique she developed herself. I requested her personally for two reasons.......1 because she is supposedly one of the strongest in her guild........."