The Assasin's Mark

"Hmmm..." Elli stared through her binoculars as she sat atop Mikoto's head. Mikoto was currently peaking out of the chimney of a house.

"Okay..." said Mikoto. "Can you please tell me why I'm in a chimney?"

"Well if we're going to lure these guys into a trap, then we have to find them first." said Elli.

"Yeah....and that has something to do with me climbing up a chimney with you as my periscope?" said Mikoto.

"A-actually..." Elli's cheeks turned red. "I thought it would be fun if we did something like Santa Clause or something.."

"Elli, how many times do I have to tell you? That was only for Christmas. And at the children's hospital..."

"Well it was really fun..." said Elli sheepishly. "I liked being the elf cat..."

"By the way..." said Mikoto. "Where's Natsu?"

"Erm..."

"He's up a chimney too...isn't he?"

"Maybe..."

Mikoto sighed. "And Hope is also up a chimney somewhere....right?"

"I just couldn't help myself!" said Elli as tears formed in her eyes. "Christmas was fun!!"

Mikoto smiled. "Elli...Maybe I should make the plans for now...kay?"

"Er...okay...*sniffle*.."

"Okay so where are Natsu and Hope?"

"Over here!!" Natsu was waving from the chimney of the house next door. Happy was hovering next to him. 

"Hey! I think I found a log down there that looks like Gray's face!!" said Natsu with a grin.

"Okay.." said Mikoto. "Guess that just leaves Hope...."

"Actually I'm over here!" Hope was in the chimney of another house that was right next door as well. And she was wearing a green elf hat and elf ears.

"No way.." said Mikoto. "You actually told her to wear those?"

"Sorry..." said Elli shifting guiltilly.

"Okay then.." said Mikoto. "Here's a better plan, me and Hope will walk around in the open until they decide to attack us. We're the ones they were originally after anyways, I think they'll probably still be a bit sore about that."

"B-but what if they kill you from a distance or something?" said Elli.

"Don't worry about that." said Mikoto holding up the charm Nicole had given her that was around her neck. "They won't sneak up on us that easily. Plus me, Hope, and Natsu practically know their scent.."

"But wasn't that Oblitesco guy able to cover  up his scent?"

"...good point...awe well, wish me luck!" Mikoto jumped out of the chimney and gestured for Hope to come along as Elli soared off into the night sky with Happy to get an arial view of the town.

Meanwhile, down below, Mikoto sat in the middle of the brightly lit empty square and closed her eyes in concentration. 

"What are you doing Mikoto?" said Hope. "Shouldn't we be on our gaurd?"

"We are on our gaurd." said Mikoto. "This is a little trick I learned once when I was trying to stop the Radio Noise Level 6 Shift Project back in Academy City...I can sense a whole lot more electrical signals this way..."

"But why would you need to sense electric signals?" Asked Hope. (Hope and Laxus can't detect other electric signals like Mikoto..this is an esper exclusive power.)