My Dad Accidentally Led Me Into A Trap

"And now, I have officially had my fill of royalty..." said Mikoto collapsing on the bed in her room.

"You had to do a lot today, that's for sure." said Elli climbing onto the bed and lying right next to Mikoto's head. "You looked really pretty doing everything though!"

"Well 'pretty' isn't exactly my style." said Mikoto. "It's already enough I have to represent Tokwadai for everything....now I have to do this......I'll be glad when this job is over."

"Are you sure?" said Elli. "I think it's cool that you have someone related to you on your dragon side."

"Well okay, that part was nice." said Mikoto. "But considering what she has to go through every day......well..."

Mikoto sat up and took her crown off. She stared at the intricate jewels for a moment. She didn't know how to explain it, but the crown scared her. Somehow, she felt like she became a completely different person when she put it on. Of course such a thought was ridiculous. She was still the same person wearing the crown as she was not wearing it.

But the crown seemed to represent a bridge between two completely different worlds. In one world, lay the 3rd strongest level 5 and the strongest Dragon Slayer in Fairy Tail. This Mikoto was free to do what she wished, free to explore, love, cry, and laugh.

In the other world, the world where the crown was worn, Was the princess of Fulmen. A girl who just sat on a shelf looking pretty while her kingdom suffered from an arrogant snob, being able to do absolutely nothing about it.

Mikoto put the crown on her bedside table and tried her best to ignore it. "I'm no princess......."

"Mikoto...." said Elli. Elli flew into Mikoto's lap. "We'll find the people who are trying to kill the princess....don't worry."

"It's not that I'm worried about." said Mikoto. "It's Hope....she's only got so many years until she turns 18 and has to get all this responsibility. And yet she has to spend all those years being a prisoner in her own home.......It's stupid."

"Yeah...if only there was some way we could just all sneak out and show her a good time.." said Elli.

"Wait...." said Mikoto. "That's actually an idea..."

Before Mikoto could think more on this tough, there was a knock at the door.

"It's open!" said Mikoto.

The door opened and Hope peaked in. "Sorry to bother you and all.....but it's almost time to go to that reception..."

"Oh yeah." groaned Mikoto. "That thing...."

"I-I was wondering...." said Hope. "Could we talk...?"

"Eh? What about?"

"It's just that....well, it's what needs to happen if the assasins succeed in killing me.."

"What?" said Mikoto. "Don't worry about it! We won't let anything happen to you!"

"I know..." said Hope. "But if there's one thing that my father taught me before he died...it's that a princess's responsibility is to her people...and I need to be prepared in case...you know."

"Well, what do you need?" said Mikoto.

Hope took a deep breath. "Umm Mikoto........I know we've only known each other for about 2 days....but do you see me as family?"

"Well, yeah I guess." said Mikoto. "I've got a pretty strange family anyways...so I guess I do..."

"And family always sticks together right? And helps each other when things get rough..."