The Dragons Are Here

The dragons are here...

Those words echoed continuosly like a beating heart within Mikoto's chest. She couldn't believe it...she just couldn't. But the voice of Elanis, one of the first dragons, told her it was true. That once again...dragons had made themselves known to humans.

Mikoto was walking down the halls of the palace next to Natsu and Lucy with Elli on her head as Happy sat on Natsu's shoulder.

Mikoto thought back to the explanation Erza had given her only around 2 hours ago.

"It happened right as were converging to where you and Diablo were." Erza had said. "We heard from Accelerator that you had gone after Diablo and that would probably be best if we all came in and lent a hand, especially knowing how powerful he is. But before we got there, we ran into him."

"Him?" said Mikoto.

"Night Reveler." said Erza.

"What!? But Night Reveler is dead!" Mikoto exclaimed.

"And he still was." said Erza. "According to Master, Night Reveler must have branded his own magic with a seal of some kind that would automatically bring him back should it be used. Apparently it only partially brought him back...like an extra solid ghost. I won't describe what it looked like, I don't think you want to have to clean up any vomit today."

"That gross huh?"

"It was horrid. Anyways, Nicole tried to destroy it by eating it, as she is a Ghost Dragon Slayer. But whatever power brought him back seemed to make Night Reveler immune to being devoured. That horrid clown began to decimate us, it nearly killed Gray before it was defeated. You know how Night Reveler is, making all his cruel jokes as he kills everything for fun. We would have died had it not for who came to rescue us."

"Who?" Mikoto had asked, her heart beating with suspense. "Who came to save you?"

"Igneel."

"Natsu's Father!?"

Erza nodded. "He flew in and burned Night Reveler to a blazing crisp. After declaring who he was, he asked where he could find Natsu, we told him about you and Diablo and he roared for us to get on his back. By the time we flew there, Zeref was about to kill both you and Natsu. While Igneel shielded Natsu, your mother, Thundaarix, flew in and shielded you...it was as if the energy couldn't hurt them. You two still got knocked out though."

"M-My mom was there?" said Mikoto feeling dizzy. "M-my dragon mom?"

"She was so beautiful. " said Erza with a faraway look. "And her eyes...they were just like yours."

"Hope said my mom brought reinforcements..."

"She was right, dragons of every color were filling the entire sky. It was like last year's Grand Magic Games, only this time the dragons were fighting with us. They took down Diablo's demons without remorse. Not even a burned skull was left of those creatures."

"This is like sort of weird dream." said Mikoto. "And I've had plenty. So where are the others?"

"They're with the rest of the guilds trying to sort out all craziness with the citizens while Hope get's things back in order before her crowning..."

"So that's what she meant." said Mikoto. "I guess she has to become queen now regardless of her age now there's no steward. Better then Diablo or that snob Constantine that's for sure."

"And Natsu?" said Mikoto. "Did he...?"

"Natsu met with Igneel." said Erza. "The meeting was short though...he whispered something into Natsu's ear and gave him a scroll of some sort...then he flew off along with over half the dragons to who knows where."