Chapter three

Millie was very pleased with our matching outfits, and wished that she could be a part of it. Now she is opening the door to the Capitol, and all I see is "huge". The huge buildings, the huge amount of flashes, and most importantly, the huge crowd that has been waiting for Clove and me. I walk down with Clove at my side, her hand on back, one of the girls reaches out to me, and grabs on my arm and pulls it quickly back, in a quarter of a second, she has my lips against hers. Then I feel another tug, this time it is coming from Clove, she pulls me close, and glares at the girl, her eyes widening with a warning to the girl. She looks at my lips, and I wonder what she is going to do, and she wipes my lower face with the inside of her jacket, and shows me that I had some lipgloss from the girl sitting on my lips. After about two minutes, I have had fourty-five girls pull on me, and they all get that warning look from Clove. Then I finally realize what is going on, and I brace myself from the tugs of girls from behind the red ropes. Then I see Clove, her longing to be away from this next few minutes, she must want to be alone. I know that I must look strong, to draw attention to the other tributes, so I wipe the silly grin off my face, and pull away from Clove. I don't want to make it look like she is taking care of me. I think she takes the hint, because she looks in the opposite direction,  smiles, and waves at a camera. She wants me to look more threatening compared to her, for the next few minutes, after what all those girls just did to my reputation.

Once we make it inside the building, I get a quick glance at a girl in the lobby. I am sure that she comes from district 11, because of her dark skin. But then I feel a bit of sadness, this girl is only twelve or thirteen, she will surly die an unfair death, then I think of my sister. Again, my thoughts of my sister are behind me, but I must make that little girls death quick. Maybe the snap of her neck, or make her eat fast acting poisonous food, something along those lines. She must not feel the pain my sister did. She looks at me, afraid, there are no cameras or other tributes in here, (other than Clove) so I smile. She gives me a quick smile back, and comes over to introduce herself. "Hi, my name is Rue." She talks in such a whisper, I can barely get my ears to cooperate with her words.

"Mine is Cato."

"Cool name. Well I just came over here to tell you that I hope that when you kill me you will make it fast. Because when I saw you, I knew it was going to be you."

My face tightens, I feel a tear drop from my eye. This little girl knows what is coming, and she has already kind of picked me to do her bidding. "I promise, that if it does come down to the two of us, that I will make it fair. And if I win our fight, that I will make it as painless as possible." I say, and then she smiles at me, and I continue, "If you promise that you have to pretend that you are terrified of me, and try to stay away from me. Okay?" She nods her head, and skips away. With all the tree climbing, I am sure she is like a monkey, swinging from tree to tree. I doubt that I will be able to catch her anyway. I just let my soft side show, and I hope that nobody saw it except for me, Rue, and Clove.

But I wouldnt mind if Clove didnt see that either, because she says, "Wow, I am guessing that you will try really hard to keep the Careers away from her." And then she smirks at me.

"Shut up." I tell her, and she backs off, knowing that my sensitivity has passed.

Our rooms are on the second floor, I have never been in an elevator before, except the one in the Justice Building back home, and that one is not very nice. But this one on the other hand is glass, and fast. I can see everyone shrinking as I go up my twenty five feet. (each floor has rooms that can get up to 15 feet high.) As I walk out, I go into my room, and lay on my bed. A few minutes later, I feel a plop on the bed next to me. Clove. She is really quiet, and will make a good alley.  "Yes...?" I ask slowly. She does not answer, so I sit up. She leans forward, and puts her lips on mine. I kiss back, our lips molding each other's. I pull her close to me, putting one of my hands on the small of her back. She puts her arms around my neck. I hear a footstep in the hallway, then two, then three. Lots of people, at least four. I pull her away, and say under my breath, "Laugh when I finished saying this, and then just go with it." And I wink at her. She gives me a heart filled laugh that sounds almost real. "And once I got back to Brayden after you walking away, he was SO shocked! He had a smile on my face, and asked me how I do it." She gives me another laugh then looks at me awkward, she knows I am talking about the day that I sliced her dummie's throat. Once the door opens, she understands what is going on. ten unknown people walk in with Millie. 

"After I went and visited my cousin, Effie, I thought it was time that you both should know your designers, Kinsel, for Clove, and Lourin for Cato. Your remake crew, Missy, Caskin and Barin for Clove, and lsiekial, Adiesia and Osline for Cato. And your mentors, Gloss and Enobaria!" We shake hands with everyone. "Then lets get started!"

"With what?" I ask

"Your remakes! You will both look completely different when they are done with you! You will be beautiful for the opening ceremonies tonight!" Shrilles Millie. Bring it on! I think. They think that they are going to change anything! BRING IT ON!