Chapter Thirteen

The very second I see the tear run down her cheek I reach in and hold onto her. I am afraid that I will never be able to let go. She starts to sob on my shoulder. I know its dumb, but I really wish that Kinsel would come over here. He always seems to cheer Clove up. I hold her tight, afraid that if I let go, my fragile Clove will get taken away from me. Afraid she will die. Afraid she will be murdered. By twelve.

I finally find the streangh to let go. I pull her back gently, and look into her beautiful eyes. I smile a little, wanting to make her feel better some how. I am not the best at cheering people up. I am good at throwing them across tables though. I am still holding onto her shoulders when Kinsel walks over with Lauren. He shakes his head, and gently pulls her away from me.

I turn to push him away, but see that he is putting powder to her red face. I look at Lauren, she is staring wide eyed at my shirt. Black mascara all over it, wet with tears. I smile at her and she rolls her eyes at me dramatically. "You guys are the ones who want District Twelve to get credit... This will help!" I say cheerfully. Another eye roll.

She walks away for a little while, then comes back with shimmering clothes. "You guys ruined them, so we will have to go with plan B." She sighs. "Try not to be too charming guys."

They pull us into dressing rooms. I pull on black pants and a dark red shirt. The color of my eyes. She helps me with a black jacket, it has dark red cuffs, and a blood red rose in the pocket. The last thing is some black shoes.

Before I get to look at myself, Lauren pushes me against the sink and puts a gray pinkie under my eye. Probably putting something gray there. She gently puts a little more around my eye, then some black eye liner on me. This feels weird. She has never put this much makeup on me before.

She stands there thinking for a second, biting her lip. Her eyes widen, and she tells me to close my eyes. "I knew I forgot something!" She tells me. She brushes something on my face. "All done." She grabs my shoulders and turns me toward the mirror. I look dark. I look evil. I look like if you came up to me with a knife right now I the ground would break open in front of me, and you would fall into the blackness of the earth. The gray and black she put around my eyes makes me look dark and mysterious, and evil. The glitter makes me look very attractive.

"Thank you." I simply whisper.

She lets out a slight giggle, "Wait until you see her." She smiles, and then hugs me. "I guess this will be the last time I will see you?" She asks this. She doesn't tell me. That is her saying You can win, but I guess you will let her. I understand. Goodbye. She parts from me and leaves. Last time I will see her too.

I let out a sigh. They are making this hard. I slowly reach to the handle and turn it. She is not out here yet. I am not surprised. Kinsel probably had to change everything, her hair, her eyes, her skin, her... everything.

I probably wait there for twenty minutes before the door opens. Kinsel walks out, teary eyed. She probably told him she was going to die. I honestly feel like I am not playing the Capitol's game, with the other tributes anymore. I feel like I am playing it with only Clove. We are fighting, and we are trying to kill,not each other, but ourselves.

As she walks out, I stand up, my eyes widen. She has a sleeveless dress that goes right below her butt, then poofs out. It reminds me of a tutu. Only it is black. It has blood red lines down it, and the sparkles all over it are red. Her eyes have the same dark look as mine, but hers are more feline, not wolf. Her eyeliner twists around and around creating a spiky allusion with its raiser at the end. Her lips are as bright red as my rose. Her hair is pulled up now, into a mess. A mess that looks gorgeous in a way. A super messy bun, held together, at the top, by a black headband with a rose on top. The reason it took so long was because they took the brown hi lights under the black hair, and transformed it to a black pit of hair.