Chapter Fifteen

I don't know why I am so jumpy, I guess I just am. I have taken out three small animals because I am jumpy, and another tribute got away! What is wrong with me? If I keep this up there is now way either me or Clove is going to win this thing! "When are you gonna stop this cry baby girl business?" Marvel yells at me when I throw my spear at a bush that got blown by the wind.

"Shut up. I don't know why I am so jumpy! I just am..." I protest.

"Whatever." He whispers. Peeta sighs, but keeps walking. "I mean, there could be one less person out there right now if you weren't acting like this Cato." Now he is whining.

"I get it!" I guess I am saved by the bell, or um... I guess... fire? Oh well! A campfire means tribute, tribute means I get to make up for the lost one. I am going to laugh if it the same one I scared away, or the one we let go earlier. "Guys! Forget about that! Look!" I point to the flickering light.

"All right!" Glimmer squeals.

"Lets go!" Clove yells. We all sprint, none of us daring to look away from the fire, especially not me, after all I have done tonight. Peeta is behind everyone, trying to be in back. I had a feeling this would be hard for him. I wonder if this is Katniss? No. She is to smart for that. I saw how good her survival skills were in the training center.

We scramble over twigs and sticks and leaves, then slow down. We make a loop around to the back of the girl and walk silently. I remember Cloves words just now, I was thinking the same thing, only that we are a team, stalking the woods, creating a bloody path... She has changed so much sense the girl I talked to on the train that night.

Now we are sliding across rocks, the group naturally pushes me to the front. I put my sword on the ground, and clear my throat loudly. Nothing. I guess the girl is asleep. Fire in the middle of the night, and asleep. This girl is stupid. 

I hear giggles from the girls, and and a sigh from Marvel. Nothing from Peeta. I look up in annoyance to see a large black bundle of a sleeping bag. I ignore it, knowing that it is Rue. I look down at the stupid, sleeping girl, with the fire and smile. I start tossing her hair around with the tip of my sword. Sponsors will love this. Ha! I love this! She moves slightly, then yawns, stretches and looks up. Her eyes widen, and she lets out a blood curtling scream right before I pierce her chest with my sword.

I turn around. Clove and Glimmer look so eager to get their hands on the girls, barely moving body. But it is Marvel who leaps forward first. The three take turns cutting at her painfully. There is blood every were. I look at Peeta, his white face tells me he doesn't like us one bit.

"Are you okay?" I ask. He nods. "No your not." I tell him. He sighs. "Guys, lets move on." I order. We all walk except Glimmer, who is skipping merrily. She suddenly stops.

She turns around slowly. Marvel puts out his arms as in saying Why the hell did you stop!? She tilts her head slightly. "Why hasn't a cannon blasted yet?" She asks.

"I....... don't... know." I reply slowly. "There is no way........ that she is alive......... is there?"

"No. There isn't. We all cut her bad. She has to have bled out by now!" Marvel cries.

"Well what are we going to do? She cant seriously still be alive could she?" Glimmer asks.

"She cant. That's the problem."

"Shes probably not dead." Glimmer replies.

"She has to be! Did you guys not see were I stabbed her?!" I protest.

"Shut up!" Peeta yells. That was a shocker. "I will just go back and check! Finish her off if I have to!" That was an even bigger surprise. Glimmer's eyes actually widen. He rolls his eyes fiercely and stomps away.