Chapter sixteen

I have writer's block! This first paragraph took me a whole hour to think up! What is wrong with me?! Ahhhh! Okay! It looks like Imma be staying up late tonight again! Great. D:< STUPID WRITER'S BLOCK!!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Right now I am too angry to think straight, and I don't dare go back and lay down with Clove, so I head to the woods. I am going to kill something. If I run across a tribute, I really don't care what the others will say, I will kill them. I cross a big rock and see a small bear. That's challenge enough for me! I quickly jump on the bear and stab it ferociously with my sword at hand. We struggle for a while before it pushes me back. I fall and land on my sword. Luckily, I didn't get hurt, but my sword did. I landed on it wrong, and it is bent in half. No more sword. This sucks. 

By the time I pull out my knife,it only has bitten me once one the arm. I throw my knife in its direction, it lets out a sound a defeat before it goes limp. I hear a crunch of a leave and I throw my knife in its direction. It barley misses Clove's head.

"Hey!" She cries.

"Sorry." I start. "I have been blowing off steam I guess."

"What happened?" She asks.

"I swear I saw my sister." I state.

"Cato, you couldn't have... your sister... shes..."

"Dead. Yea, I know." I say flatly. I decide that I don't want to talk about it, knowing that she will think I have gone crazy from having her die, then being sent to the arena. "Just, Uhhh, never mind I guess."

"Okay." She says sadly. She walks over to the knife, now stuck in a tree, pulls it out, and hands it back to me. She sits down next to me and the bear. "You... killed a.... bear?"

"Mmhhmm." I nod.

"Sounds like fun." She teases. I scoot down so I am laying against the rock, and she sits on my lap. "I guess were here."

"Yea. I guess we are. In the arena. I cant get out of my mind how I am going to die."

"You wo-" I stop her quick by kissing her. I hope a few of the cameras are viewing this right now. We will definitely get sponsors out of this. I was right, because out of the corner of my eye, I see a small silver parachute falling from the sky.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Okay, I guess I didn't finish the chapter before I left.... I am sorry for that! Okay, just saying that, here is the rest...! :0

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I push her off of me a little and reach toward the gift. She must have seen it, because she reaches out and grabs my shirt. "What do you think it is?" She asks.

"Only one way to find out..." I tell her. I reach for the object the length of a poster, and the width of a shoe box. I can tell it is in a box when I grab it and hear something shake a little on the inside. I look at Clove, a look of confusion.

"Well... open it." She orders. I nod quickly four times and start pulling at the strings, and ripping off the paper covering the box. I push myself it a more comfortable position and place it on my lap. I start pulling the lid off when I notice a M on the box.

I don't have time to question this, when another parachute falls. Clove grabs it swiftly, unwraps it, and reads the back. "It has an F on it." She tells me.

"Oh!" I smack my for head. "I know what that means!"

It was in another Hunger Games a few years ago. There was the District Six Tributes tagging along, and they both needed medicine badly. A parachute fell and they opened it, medicine. But they had two different problems and the other's medicine would kill if swallowed by a non sick person. They ignored it and turned around to see another one fall. More medicine. But the question was, which was for who? They examined the boxes and found a F and M like ours. They stood for Male and Female.

The small one is for Clove, the larger one is for me. "M for Male, F for Female." I tell Clove.

"Oh..." She whispers. She rips into her box and pulls out a bottle filled with an orange liquid and a small, deadly looking knife. The knife, including the handle, is about the size of a lightbulb's lengh. The bottle, the size of a child's hand balled into a fist.

"What is it?" I ask.

She gives me a wicked smile and slides me a note.

It says, Clove, this is a bottle of knife poison, and the knife goes with it. If you put this poison on anything, but the knife, it will melt. You simply dip the knife in the (bottle's) lid's slit.

I look at the bottle's lid. It indeed has a slit. You lift up the lid, and another lid, with a slit, is there. The slit is the perfect size for the small knife.

You flip the bottle upside down and the poison flows in the small holes in the knife. When you cut the victim with this knife (while the poison is in it) it will cut up the outside of their skin, but melt their flesh. If you open both lids and poor it on the victim, it will burn them, and melt them until the body is gone, or water is placed on it. This is a very expensive, deadly, weapon. Enjoy.     Secrena Crane.

 "This is great huh?!" She cries.

"It really is!" I tell her. I smile and look at my box. I pull it back on my lap and pop the lid open. A new sword! This one looks so deadly! It is about as thick as a cup, and as tall at a poster. From the handle to about three inches up, is barbed.

I notice that there is another box in the parachute meant for me. I rip it open and pull out an atlatle. It looks very similar to the one I used to get my 10 from the Gamemakers. I smile and put them both in my bag. "Lets head back." I say.

"Yea." She agrees. We walk back while holding hands. I completely forgot about the bear until I get back. Oh well, it is too late, because I see Pearl.

My little Raindrop is dancing around the tree again when it starts to rain. She sings. She sings loud and clear. This is going to be a long night.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I am sorry that this is short! I couldn't think of anything to do! Next chapter.... tracker jacks! I cannot believe that so many of you guys have read my story!!! 3,500!!!! THANK YOU ALL FOR READING! I HOPE YOU ENJOY!