Chapter Seventeen

When the sun rises I start to wake everyone. Glimmer and Marvel are excited for another day of killing, Glimmer is already squealing with enthusiasm as soon as she is up, and Marvel is shouting loudly and laughing. I walk over to Hunnu and shake him awake, he doesn't say anything but, "I'll watch, I guess that's what you wanted me to do anyway."

I smile at him and say, "Sorry about that. We just need someone, and I'm sure your happy about this because if you were hunting with the rest of us, your chances of dying are higher." I say this not so it sound nice, more like, if you don't listen to me, and have a smile on your face while doing it, I will kill you personally.

"Well the chances of me dying out here are higher. No protection. Also, I am the only thing, other than the traps, in their way of getting the goodies, but they don't know about the traps." He snaps.

"I promise. If you don't stay here, there is no way you will be coming back." He still doesn't get it! This kid is an idiot! I give him a clue by pulling out my sword and bouncing it around.

"Fine." He says quietly. I walk over to Peeta and shake him until he sits up.

"Yea?" He says, his eyes still half way shut.

"Time to go!" I say.

"Why this early?" He questions.

"Because the other tributes will be tired and not in focus. That is when they are the easiest to catch."
"Okay, fine." He says and stands up.

I crawl over to Clove and shake her lightly until her head turns in my direction. "What do you want?" She asks.

"Time to go hun." I say.

"Why...?" She whines.

"Because we have to get them while they are asleep. Maybe we will even find Katniss laying on the ground, eyes closed tight." I say.

"Okay... I guess I could live with that... Can you carry me to the food though?" She begs. I smile and pick her up. I walk over to the food and lay her down right next to the thing she has eaten most so far, cans of peaches. "Yum." She whispers.

I take a knife and cut the top open. "There you go." I tell her as I hand her the severed can. I stand up and clear my throat, getting every ones attention. "We are going to eat quickly and go looking for tributes. We are only looking for tributes, not food. If you shoot an animal on accident, leave it. We don't want to alert other tributes. They are tired right now, and their senses will be just waking up. Easy pray. We don't have to be as quiet, but still, you know the routine."

I sit down with Clove and pick up the cold, rabbit left overs. I turn and see Peeta alone and pat the spot next to me for him to join. He does and he smiles when he sits down. "Glad to see that I'm not the only morning person." He pokes Clove. His eyes are tired and I can tell he is defiantly not lying, he is not a morning person at all.

I chuckle as Clove puts her head on my lap and closes her eyes. Peeta laughs quietly too, then stops. "What is it?" Clove whispers as she bights down on a piece of peach.

"I think... I just saw... No. It couldn't be." He says.

"What? Couldn't be what?" I ask, angry that he couldn't just answer Clove.

" I swear I just saw Thresh." He says.

I smile wickedly at ask, "Where did he go?" as I turn around.

"The wheat field over there." Peeta points to a field that could be filled with anything the Gamemakers decided they wanted in there.

"We are not going in there." I say. Peeta nods in agreement and stands.