Chapter Eight

The training center is very large. I do not pay any attention to this ladies speech, I just want to get over to the spears and show off what I can do. Gloss told me to start small, I guess to hide my talents... that's not going to happen. As soon as the lady blows her whistle, I grab Cloves arm and hurry over to weapons. There are knife stations, trap stations, even wrestling stations! I go straight for knifes to make Clove happy. She convinces me to throw with her, I have never been great at throwing knifes. They are to little and I throw to hard. Spears are perfect for me, you need a lot of strength to use them well. Clove throws really well. I try a few times and manage to scrape the side of a dummy about ten yards away. Clove just laughs, and pulls a guy move. She goes behind me, and directs my arm to an awkward position, and tells me to throw just hard enough for a spear to go half the distance. I do, and I hit the dummy's shoulder. Not great. Not even close to where I was aiming, but it will injure him, if it was a tribute, and I can kill the him then. She hugs me, and I direct her to the spear station. She tries to throw it, it goes about six yards, then plummets to the ground. "Try not to aim this time, just to throw as hard as you can. Okay?" She nods, and turns the opposite direction, sending an arrow toward District four. She smirks at them, and turns my way.

"Oops..." She lies. Finnick, a fourteen year old victor ten years ago, is their mentor. Clove and I aren't getting anything good from that. I pick up a spear, and throw it at a dummy hatefully. I cannot imagine what Finnick would do to Clove right now with the right amount of money. Or, somebody told me secrets were his price. Stupid fisherman. The spear lands right wear the dummy's eye would be, if it was human.

I look behind me, and see Peeta and Katniss together at the knot-tying station. Pathetic. I throw another spear at a dummy. It is the only thing I can do to change my mind about Peeta. He will find Katniss, and we will kill him, then her. Two easy kills. He catches my eye, and I nod, as if saying, your lucky you are with me, you wouldn't even last a day without that privlage. He creases his eyebrows in confusion at my anger. Katniss sees him start to panic, and pulls him away. That's it! I cannot handle being ignored because of her. I take a few steps forward, ready to throw the spear in my hand threw her head, when Clove grabbs my shoulder. "There is a problem. I knew something was up! I just couldn't put my finger on it. Gloss and Cashmere are from District one. They did not win from two. They are not at fault, nobody knows who sent them here. They just thought that it was a new thing the Games wanted to happen, so they came. They will swap Enorbaria back, and we will have a guy named Lubinn help her for a while. She can't handle whats going on with Milli, and her being switch so many times, so they are having Lubinn just be a replacement, until another victor name... um... oh ya! His name is Brutis."

That is a lot to soak in all at once, but I manage it and choke out, "So are we suppost to go back or something?" She nods and we head upstairs with Glimmer and Marvel.

"So who do you think did this?" Glimmer questions me. I shrug, and look away. I am trying to not make eye contact with her. Clove his getting jealous. I cannot wait to see Enorbaria's sharp teeth, a symbol of her success in the games. She ripped out peoples throats! I have always liked Enorbaria, she is trustworthy. Glimmer and Marvel leave to Cashmere and Gloss. Cashmere was always a brat. I didn't mind Gloss, he was like Enorbaria, kind and liked to help.

"Whats your problem with Glimmer?" I ask.

"She wants you. Bad." She explains. "She will probably do something during the games, that I will have to kill her for." She smiles, then we hear the ding that indicates that the doors will open. Enorbaria smiles huge, showing her pointy teeth. I smile back, and she clings to me.

"I was so happy when I herd that you are mine again!"

I am really happy to. But confused, "This is Lubbin?" I have herd that he is not very big. This man is HUGE!

"No, Brutis came early."

He looks at me for a second. Staring at me, at my face and body. "You will do well." He does the same with Clove. I mind until he says, "So will you." He is serious until about two seconds after that. Then he smiles, shakes hands with us, "You guys look like fun. Lets go get permission to show you around the Capitol!" I like him already.