Chapter fourteen

I wake up to Clove hugging me tight. She is crying, I can tell by how loud she is, and how wet my shirt is. I can tell this will only last for about an hour before she become 100% fury. 100% death mode. She will kill anyone in her path. She will not cry for long, so I take advantage of that. I start to play with her hair, twisting it, and making all kinds of funny shapes of it.

After about twenty minutes she looks up, "I don't want to loose you today!"

"Of course that wont happen! You know we will last until the end! You know it. There is no way I will die within the first day."

She smiles a little. "Okay." Lauren and Kinsel walk in. She looks at me really sad, but Lauren is gesturing me to come with her. I slowly crawl out of my bed and walk out of the room. Even though it is dark, it is really easy to follow Lauren with her neon hi-lights. She has me follow her into a building, then another. Actually, I think that this isn't a building, I think it is a hovercraft. This is it. This is my ride to my death.

She shows me a rack with clothes on it. I pull off a pear of spandex pants, pull them on. Then a pair of black pants, made of a material I cant name, pull them on. Then a tight black T-shirt, pull it on. Lastly, some black running, or hiking boots, pull them on.

I go and sit down with Lauren. We both just sit there, neither of us talking for the majority of the trip. When we hear Cesar Flickarman's voice she says, "You can do really well. You can make it to the end, keeping her alive. She can do it herself too if she didn't have you. You can live through this with her, then you will, I guess, go?"

"Ya. That is what I am planning."

"You are really brave." She smiles at me. I smile back. "I am going to miss you. But you have to promise, that if she dies, you will at least try to win."

"She isn't going to die!"

"If she does-"

"Fine. I promise. "I promise I will come home, if she dies. Which she wont-"

"That's good enough for me." She hisses. She takes a deep breath and walks over to a shelf. She pulls off the only thing on it and hands it to me. It is a waterproof jacket, it is a grayish black with it looks like two zippers? I wonder why? "It is if one breaks." Lauren caught me gazing at them probably. I chuckle a little bit, because around the edges of the jacket is red. Of course red, to match my eyes.

"I am sorry for being so hostile." She tells me.

"Me too." We hug for a little while, and I hear a voice telling me I have twenty seconds to get into the glass tube on the other side of the room. "Bye..." I say softly.

"Goodbye." She whispers back. We watch each other until the glass starts to move. I quickly turn around, focusing on President Snow. Hoping my eyes will turn black. I put on my game face and stare into a random spot in the sky.

Once I hit the ground I take a look around. Trees, a lot of them too. We will go looking for victims in the woods. A cornucopia, the place we get supplies and weapons. A lake. The lake will be just for the careers, anyone else who comes, will die.

After about thirty of the sixty seconds we have to wait, I glare at all the other, weaker, tributes. I smile as I see Katniss looking at the weapons. I can kill her right away. I look and see Rue glancing at the trees. That's good too, let her get away. The district four girl is looking at me angrily. Maybe she will try to kill be for excluding her. The boy is staring at a far away spot, I cannot tell what though. The district five girl looks longingly at a large pack. I guess she wont be needing weapons. Peeta. Peeta is shaking his head at Katniss and her glare at the weapons. I wonder what he is doing?