Chapter Twenty-four

Okay, I will try to make this chapter as much as Cato and Clove as possible, you know... with the feast coming up and all... Dang! I don't want Clove to go!!!! That chapter is going to be hard to write... the feast... cause Suzan Collins didn't talk about what Cato was doing exactly but Thresh takes his pack and all, but is also with Clove and Katniss, when Cato is supposed to be trying to get his pack, but he is so far away from everything!!!? Okay... I will try to figure something out...

*************************************************************

"Time to go Clove." I say.

"What do you mean Cato?" she asks.

"We gotta leave camp. We're gonna move into the woods." I tell her as I grab our backpacks. They hold everything we own right now. Water bottles, her knifes, some dried fruits and the leftover meat. I grab my four spears and my sword. Clove grabs my hand and we start walking away when we hear somebody about fifty yards to our left. Thresh. I turn around and see him searching threw the pile of blown up supplies. I can only think rude, harsh things right now, but I keep moving. Knowing that its time to go, and not to get into another fight. The lion tired me out a lot. Did Thresh see that, or did he just barely come out of hiding?

When we reach the trees Clove throws a knife at a groosling and we pack it in our bag. "Who's left?" I ask.

"Us, the girl from Five, Thresh, and Twelve." she tells me. I laugh in annoyance. Aren't these the people I wanted to kill from the beginning? None are dead! I stop and snap a few branches.

"Lets cook the groosling and split it in our packs. Just in case we have to separate." I tell her. She nods and starts snapping with me. I notice a box of matches laying under a leaf. "This is where we killed that girl on the first night." I say.

"Feels like it happened years ago." Clove tells me. I nod and set the wood on fire with one of the dead girl's matches. Clove starts pulling out the groosling and I take it from her. "Give it! I have to gut the thing!" she laughs. I raise it over my head and laugh. She raises an eyebrow and drops the bag she holding. "But your like two feet taller than I am!" she complains.

"And?" I say, smiling. She groans and walks over to me. She laughs for a second and gets on her tippie toes. I reach out to grab her to keep her far, she quickly snatches my arm and continues trying to get the bird from me. She puts her legs around my waist and reaches, the tips of her fingers touching the groosling. Her face is right next to mine, so I blow on it. She blows back and laughs before kissing me. I keep my arm up at first, but then soon focus on her sweet lips kissing mine, and drop my arm down. I feel her arm wrap around my neck, lower a bit, trace my chest, lower a bit, grab my waist, lower a bit, snatch the groosling out of my hand. I smile, and so does she. I take a few steps backward and trip over a vine, Clove lands on top of me and laughs before she continues kissing me. We both take off our jackets, our body heat, plus the weather and the jackets is horrible. She twists her fingers in my hair and I wrap my arms around her and pull her close to me. I take off my shirt, still too hot, and she laughs.

"Wish we had our lake still." I say. I laugh when I see a silver parachute fall from the sky. "Their sending us the lake!" I joke. I get up and retrieve it. It holds a pair of simple black shorts, soft, it feels like the stuff we used in training. I hold the out and they are too small for me. "Its for me." I joke. I throw her the shorts and she laughs.

"Well you can at least take off your shirt, Im stuck with these pants! Well, now Im better." she smiles, pulls off her pants and slips on the shorts. I lay on my back and Clove comes and lays on me. We fall asleep and soon have to pull our clothes back on.

When Clove wakes up she apparently doesn't find any reason to get off of me and I wake up to her curled up closer to me in her shorts playing with a knife. I smile and push some of her hair out of her face. "Mornin' beautiful." I say before yawning.