Chapter 11

When I woke up the room was brightly lit, and I smelled something cooking.
I sat up from the couch and rubbed my eyes.
In the kitchen, I saw Karma cooking.
Wait. Karma cooking??
"K-Karma you're cooking?!" I said walking over to him.
"Y-Yeah why are you so surprised?"
"Because you rarely cook." He looked like a different person when cooking, wearing an apron and everything.

He put the pan back onto the stove and turned to me.
He patted my head all of a sudden with a scoff. "Your hair is all messy."
"K-Karma did something happen?" I asked.
"No. Why~?"
"You seem..different.." I said staring into his eyes.

He laughed. "What are you talking about?"
I squinted at him. Karma was acting differently.

I wonder what happened?

"Anyways you should be thankful you get to eat my cooking, I don't usually cook for anyone~" He smirked and I continued eyeing him weirdly.
"Hey, Karma where did you go before?" I asked.
"Hm? I just stayed after school with Okuda-san."

"Hmm...Okuda-san? Maybe?"
His voice echoed in my head. Why was I feeling this way? I've never felt like this before.
"Why?"
"We had to clean up a few things. So it took a while."
"Oh." I said nothing else and went upstairs to do homework. 

I rarely slept in my own room anymore, these days I always sleep in Karma's room.

"If I walk in on you changing then you better not blame me~" Karma had said.

I started doing homework, but I ended up looking through my phone a few minutes later. Then I started watching dramas. Each drama episode was about an hour, and the one I was watching always left cliffhangers so I always end up watching them until Karma told me to stop.

"Am I..jealous?"
My eyes widened as I heard the actor say it.

Am I jealous? I asked myself. But why?

"Yeah. I'm jealous of her. Why is she always with him?" The actor cried.

Suddenly Manami Okuda popped into my mind, and I frowned as I stared at the screen.

"I love him. That's why...I'm jealous."

I sat there silently thinking.
"Love?" I whispered to myself. "What?"

"Y/N! Come eat dinner." Karma said walking into the room.
"O-Ok."
He saw me staring at the screen and sighed, taking the phone off my hands.
"Geez, Weren't you doing homework?" He said pointing at my notebooks.

"Sorry...I got a little distracted...hehe..." I laughed nervously standing up. "Let's see how Karma's cooking tastes then!" I said and went downstairs.

The next day...

During lunch, I was about to sit near the trees but then saw Karma and Okuda under the shade, and they seemed to be happily talking.
Suddenly Okuda's face turned red, and she said something looking down on the ground.
Karma smiled hopelessly and lifted her chin.
I stepped back, my eyes widened.
This is just like in a drama...
Karma lifted her chin and pressed his lips onto hers.

I felt really uncomfortable and began running.

What was I feeling now? Hatred? Even more jealousy? Sadness? Why?
Where was I going?
I ran down the mountain, my feet acting on their own. I ended up on the main campus, not knowing why.
"Y/N-san!" I heard a kind voice call.
I turned around and saw Gakushu running over.