Chapter 17

Me again >_<

The day of the final exams--

"Let's see if you're actually A Class worthy, Y/N." Karma smirked.

"Hmph. I bet I can do better than you.."I smirked feeling confident.

"Heh?" He scoffed, then stopped, thinking about something."Then let's make a deal. Whoever places higher in ranks than the other gets something from the loser."

"Anything?" I queried. Karma nodded, looking down on me.

"Alright." I agreed and walked into the classroom."Lets see who wins."

"I will win, obviously~", an arrogant smirk on his face.

..
After the test--
I walked out of the classroom stretching and feeling relieved.
"How was the test?" Kayano asked.
"It wasn't too bad,surprisingly.All that studying paid off." I smiled.

I spotted Karma heading out the classroom and was about to say something when he pushed me aside lightly and walked away.

I frowned.
What happened to him?

"What's up with him?" Kayano asked worriedly.

We decided leave him alone and headed to a cafe together after school.

At the coffee shop

I was deep in thought.

What could have possibly happened during the test to make Karma like that?

Usually after taking a test he would approach me and confidently say he passed with full marks.

But then I smirked.

Maybe he didn't do well on the test. Hah.

"Here you go, a (favorite drink) and a cola." The waiter placed our drinks down on the coasters and smiled.

"Oh, Thank you."

He bowed and then left.

"He's attractive!" Kayano's eyes pierced upward with excitement."Speaking about boys what's happening between you and Karma?" 

"Ah..Well it's not awkward anymore which is nice I guess?" My eye twitched a little as I swirled the straw around in my drink.

"Nothing else happened?" Kayano sighed. "What else would happen?"I asked.
"Hm..Nothing's really happening in your love life.." She muttered.

"Nothing is in yours too."

Kayano pouted."Hey!"

My phone suddenly began to vibrate and I glanced at the screen.

"Karma's calling." I pressed the answer button and placed the device to my ear."Hello?"

"Y/N, where are you right now?"

"I'm at a cafe with Kayano." I answered hearing him tapping his pen on the table on his end of the phone.

"I see. When are you coming back?"