3 Girls, 3 Guys, 1 Cottage- Day 1, Part 1

hey wattpaders! I'm writing this story with two other writers; rachelchk980 and katiecat!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Girls, 3 Guys, 1 Cottage

Day 1

Part 1

POV Delaynee

Finally, Veronica turned off the engine. After sitting in her driveway for a whole 12 minutes, Ronnie decides to save some gas and stop idling. Where was Nolie anyway? Did Veronica not tell her to be ready for 12:30? Why couldn't she just be ready on time?

It may have only been twenty minutes since Veronica picked me up, but the five of us in the SUV had already managed to run out of things to talk about. Even Eli, who can talk for hours, couldn't come up with something to say. It wasn't Ronnie I had trouble talking to. God, the two of us and Nolie could talk for forty-eight hours straight and still have things to say.

It was Lucas and Dylan, who were causing the uncomfortable silence. They weren't queer or anything, but they were more Veronica's friends, and frankly, they've always made me uncomfortable. Clearly, I wasn't the only one. Eli was sitting with his hands folded in his lap starring silently straight ahead. Why was he so nervous around them? They were all guys! Shouldn't they have an easy conversation?

I could tell Ronnie felt extremely awkward too. She was pulling at her blond curls again, which was a habit she had formed which only occurred when she was nervous, or annoyed. By the way she was sitting; I think she was a bit of both. I turned around in my seat to look at Dylan, who was staring dreamily out the window with earphone in his ears. His hair covered his eyes and he looked lost in thought.

Deciding not to bother him, I turned to look at Lucas. His gorgeous green eyes were glued to the back of Veronica's head. I followed his gaze and gave Ronnie a pleading look, willing her to turn and look at the mess she'd created. When she did, she met my eyes and I gave her a look of desperation. She mimicked the look to Eli as he cleared his throat to speak.

How were the six of us supposed to spend a week together in a cottage when we couldn't even have a decent conversation for twenty minutes? This whole trip was beginning to seem hopeless.

POV Veronica

WHERE IS SHE!!!! I can't believe she was late again, she's always late!! You would think she would be hurrying. I mean we are in the car with three very hot but silent boys.

"Are you sure you gave Nolan the right time?" Delaynee asked.

I nodded; I was too pissed to speak right now. This was just like her, any minute now she would be walking down the street with at least two suitcases taking her merry little time.

My thoughts were interrupted when Lucas finally spoke.

"Whoa there's another guy coming?" he asked sounding startled.

Delaynee and I shared a subtle smirk. She's going to love us. I turned on the radio to try to tune out some of the awkward silence and I could tell Delaynee was grateful, it was getting too weird even Eli; Mr. Social was having trouble starting up a conversation. I looked down the street to check if I could see Nolie. Hmm, and would you look at that still no sign of her. I took this opportunity to scope out my surroundings. Mmmm Lucas was looking nice today; he had taken the time to comb out his usually messy blond hair and his bright green eyes as sparkly as ever, he was wearing khakis with a nice polo.

Sure a little preppy, but if anyone could make it work it was him.

She was verging on twenty minutes late, I couldn't take it anymore! Delaynee was playing with the lock on the door and the guys were all staring out the windows, well except for Lucas whose eyes I had noticed trailing to the back of my head once or twice. I'm definitely looking forward to this trip. I smiled to myself picturing Lucas and I out on the lake for a peaceful canoe ride under the star filled sky. Just the thought of it shot tingles up my spine. My daydream was cut short when I noticed someone running down the street.