3 Girls, 3 Guys, 1 Cottage- Day 2, Part 3

Thanks for all the comments. WOW! Keep them coming. By the way Eli might not be gay.... I hope this chapter leaves you thinking...

Enjoy! I hope you like the new character, Will. :)

This part was written by katiecat18 and edited me!

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT if you like this story!! :)

---------------

Day 2

Part 3

POV Delaynee

So there I was, laying belly up on the dock (at a multi-million dollar cottage with my 3 best friends and 3 hot guys) in my sexiest bikini, worshiping the sun. Next to me, Eli was doing the same, except with sunglasses on, asleep. I reached to take off his glasses, knowing that if he woke up with a severe glasses tan, I'd never be able to look at him and not laugh. In the water, Veronica had floated away on a raft, humming some Justin Bieber song. I looked at her with disapproval, her music taste upset me. Nolie had positioned herself in a deck chair, sitting Indian style with her nose in a book. When didn't she read? I spun around just as Lucas and Dylan began down the steep path from the cottage to the water's edge. They also captured Nolie's attention, she was staring intently at Dylan. It was awkward, even for me.

I suddenly jumped up, nearly knocking into Eli, who was still sleeping peacefully next to me. God bless his teenage sleeping habits.

"I'm going for a kayak ride." I said cheerily, as I made my way back to the beach to pull the kayak into the cool water.

"Can I come?" Asked Veronica, suddenly looking interested in something other than Lucas's abs. "No," I said and as I wiggled my way into the plastic banana inspired contraption. I pushed off the shore and with that, I was off. Suspended in the water with only my cute little bikini and my paddle, I paddled hoping I would end up tipping the kayak. As I paddled away, I could hear Lucas joking from the dock, "Shouldn't you have a life jacket?" I managed to turn myself around in the small boat just enough to give him a clear view of my very prominent middle finger. I spun back around with a happy grin on my face.

The woods that separated the cottages were extremely dense. So dense, that even in the dark of the night, I could barely the cottage lights. But let me tell you something. The cottage on the other side was just as enormous as ours, maybe even bigger. But the monstrous size was the only thing they shared. The other cabin had dark, almost black, natural stones that looked like they could have been taken right from the ground. It was old, and had a cozy feel. Even from the outside.

Although the comfortable feeling immediately ended as you saw the elite gardens that could have only been made possible by a fully-staffed team of landscapers. I sighed. What did I expect? The kids who summered there probably had homes for every season, they probably weren't the down-to-earth people I hoped to meet up here.

I gave up on marveling at the mansion and paddled on. But it took me nearly eight minutes before I was even half way across. I craned my head back to look at how far I'd traveled. Pretty far considering I was only "next door", although, I wouldn't call the grounds cottages, more like estates. Our beach was barely visible, hidden by the dense woods that stretched into the lake but I could clearly see the dock. I doubted they were looking at me. Just then, Dylan spotted me, and I dropped my paddle to give him a wave.

Completely unexpectedly, the paddle slid into the water beside me, I began to freak out. How was I supposed to get it! I pulled myself around inside the kayak to grab the paddle, throwing the boat off balance. And in one fast, sweeping motion, the kayak was turning and I plunged into the water. Damn it! I thought to myself as I surfaced and peered around me, my kayak had flipped. I treaded for awhile and decided what to do. I swam up next the small boat and tried to force it up and over. The air inside had suctioned itself to the water, why hadn't I paid attention in science this year?

I continued to tread in water, trying to pull the kayak over, but it was trying and my paddle was nowhere to be seen. This is just great, I thought sarcastically. I heard a splash from behind me and turned around to see a wave of water concealing whatever had made that splash. The bump continued to come towards me. I scrambled to get onto the kayak in fear that whoever or whatever was coming after me.

Just then, the most gorgeous guy I'd ever seen came up for air. His hair was wet and pulled to the side of his long face. His eyes were an almost blue, grey and when he smiled, his dimples showed. As he pushed through the water a bit, I could his lean, fit body. I could feel myself drooling. He was the sexiest thing I'd ever seen.

"Hey," He said simply.

"Hi." I replied, lowering myself down into the water. Suddenly getting lost in his eyes and forgetting all that I'd feared only moments ago.

"I was watching me from up on my deck, you looked like you could use a little help." He said. Holy Shit! He was watching me!

"Oh, I guess I do." I said, finally realizing that I was indeed stranded in the lake, with a flipped kayak. "It flipped." I said simply. The moment it escaped my lips I mentally kicked myself for sounding so stupid.

"So I see," He said, with a chuckle under his breath. Yup, he definably thinks I'm a ditz. He swam past me towards my mighty sailing vessel. Once he reached it he did something magical to turn it right side up. Not that I noticed, I was to busy looking at how his biceps were flexing wildly. "You're missing a paddle." He said after he successfully completed flipping over the kayak.

"Yeah, I'm not really sure what happened to it. It was there when I flipped," I explained pointing to where I had been. "It was actually the reason I flipped. You see I was, umm," I puased looking up to see the glazed over eyes of the stranger. "I'm rambling and you probably don't care." I concluded blushing a slight shade of red.

He laughed, "I'm Will."

"Thank you, for coming to my rescue. I'm Delaynee, by the way" I said, still embarrassed.

"No problem Delaynee, just call me your hero." He joked, I laughed. This kid was funny, and gorgeous. Have I mentioned that?

"I like that, Will, you are my own personal hero." I giggled, blushing. Never did I loose my sense of speech like I just had. We locked eyes for a moment and sparks began to fly. When I finally looked away, a whole new round of embarrassment passed through me and I knew it was time to go. I looked around, and spotted my paddle. Just a short swim away, a short swim away from Will. "Umm," I started. "My paddle is over there. Thanks, again for saving me," I babbled, as I swam away quickly, leaving Will and my kayak behind. I was expecting him to leave too but as I turned to get my boat, I noticed that Will had stayed behind, holding my kayak in place. I swam back to him, I took the kayak from him, secretly hoping I'd see him again. "Thanks." I said sheepishly and climbed into the kayak.

I began to paddle away, but I looked back once more to see him staring. He caught me watching him so I waved. Nearly tipping over the boat again, He laughed and I smiled silently to myself. Pleased at myself for seemingly snagging a hottie.

The looks on the faces on every bodies face as I pulled up to the dock, soaking wet, was

priceless. "What the hell happened to you!" Asked Eli curiously examining me. I smiled slightly and replied "I had a little accident." Ronnie picked up right away on my hint and her face lit up with a smile.

"SHE MET A BOY!" She said excitedly. And I giggled a little, only confirming her accusation. As she approached me near the end of the dock, I grabbed her by the wrists and with one little yank, she was in the water. I laughed and jumped in after.

Oh, life at the cottage.