3 Girls, 3 Guys, 1 Cottage- Day 3, Part 1

PS I'll be updating this story every week now thats a promise

Here you go...

REMEMBER TO VOTE AND COMMENT!!

3 Girls, 3 Guys, 1 Cottage

Day 3

Part 1

POV Delaynee

I turned over, and groaned. What time was it? And where was I? And better yet, why does my back hurt so much. I sucked it up and peeked through one of eye, why was I in Veronica's room? I groaned again as I sat up and looked around. Why was I on the floor?

Veronica was snoring quite contently in her bed, the covers pulled over her head. On my other side was Nolie, curled up in a ball in the big chair. Candy

wrappers littered the floor a small bubble of laughter escaped my lips.

Memories of the night before came flooding back like a tsunami. It had started with Ronnie crying about Lucas. What an ass. Then Nolie left to go get chocolate. What time did she get back? What time is it now? When she did get back, we poured over the icing and Cadbury chocolate she placed in front of us, reminiscing about times when we were so young, and insulting Lucas. We were up laughing hysterically through most of the night. I hope we didn't keep anyone up.

But how did I end up on the floor? I looked around one last time, looking for hints as to why I was curled up right underneath Veronica's larger than life bed. I whipped the blanket off and stood up slowly, careful not to hurt my back any more. I walked across the large room careful not to make much noise and tiptoed towards a small window to the left of the mirror. I rocked onto the tips of my toes and peered through the silk blinds.

Ronnie's room had a clear view of the driveway and of Lucas as he just ran in, most likely from a morning run. I groaned at the thought of having to face him before I slammed the blinds shut and tip toed towards the floor length mirror opposite to me. I looked like shit. I fixed my hair a bit, but decided I needed to go and clean myself up.

Silently, I shut the door behind me and walked down the stairs, groaning at the sudden bright light. Apparently, my little noise had caught the attention of the boys because when I got the base of the stairwell, all three boys were staring at me expectantly.

"What time is it?" I asked sleepily to Eli, who was perched on a bar stool, huddling over a coffee mug.

"It's noon," He chirped happily. I frowned and headed towards the fridge, until Dylan jumped in front of me.

"What happened to you girls last night? I waited up a while for Nolie to come down, but she didn't," Dylan babbled while running his hand through his hair. "Is everything okay?" He asked genuinely concerned. What a nice boy to be around, I thought totally approving of Nolie's crush on him. I smiled to myself as I put some toast into the toaster.

"Everything is just fine," I said with a smile remembering all the fun we had. My smile, however, disappeared quickly when I turned around to see Lucas standing at the water cooler, pouring himself a large glass of water. He must have felt me staring at him because he quickly turned to me and caught my eye. I held his gaze for a moment before looking towards Dylan again, "No thanks to some people." I mumbled while placing my hands on the counter staring impatiently at the toaster. Just then, my toast popped and I padded off towards the deck, taking Eli's coffee on the way without him realizing it.

I'd been outside for a while, enjoying some alone time in front of the gorgeous lake. It was a beautiful day, making everything look wonderful. It was one of those days that gave you new faith in the world.

Then Lucas walked out. Completely shattering my good mood. His golden hair still damp and hanging limply around his face and then I noticed his expression. His face was crumpled up into an assortment of emotions I'd never seen him support before like; confusion and concern.

"Will you tell Veronica that I'm sorry?" He asked his voice wavering at the end. I looked into his eyes trying to take in his odd expression, but got sidetracked when his eyes oddly they reminded me of someone, Will. I wonder what he's doing right now. I wonder if he's thinking about me. My insides screeched with delight as I thought of creative fantasies about him and me. It was then I decided to go visit him later, maybe bring him some cookies to thank him for saving me. "Delaynee?" Lucas asked snapping me out of my daydream. I looked at him quizzically. "Will you tell Ronnie-"

"Veronica" I corrected him atomically.

"Sorry, but will you please tell Veronica, that I'm sorry?" He pleaded. At that moment, looking at how guilty he appeared to be, made me feel bad for him. It wasn't it really his fault that he didn't feel the same way about Ronnie as she did about him.

"Oh, fine, Lucas. I'll tell her." I smiled weakly at him as he turned away. I turned away to face the view but Lucas yet again ruined a quiet moment.

"Eli, Dylan, and I are going into town to buy some beer for a bon fire tonight. We'll be back soon." He said as he slammed the screen door behind him. I nodded numbly closed my eyes. The warm sun tingled my pale flesh and the breeze was absolutely delightful.

After I heard the van drive up the stone driveway, I forced myself to pick up my plate and cup, and headed inside. I placed my dirty dishes delicately on the marble counter top and headed quietly upstairs, careful not to wake up Nolie and Ronnie, assuming they were still asleep.

When I reached the top of the stairs I headed towards Veronica's room and opened the door a crack, I peeked my head in a bit to see Nolie and Ronnie sitting on the bed, laughing. Nolie looked over to me and patted the empty spot of bed next to her. I flung the door open and stared sceptically at them

"So what are you two up to?" I asked noticed their devilish grins plastered across their faces. Nolie shifted uncomfortably and stared at Ronnie expectantly, obviously wanting her to explain.

Veronica sighed and turned to me and said smiling, "We are going to play I Double Dare You." Already knowing I had no choice not to play I smiled reluctantly and sat down beside them on the comforter. This will be interesting.

----

WHat do you think?

COMMENT