3 Girls, 3 Guys, 1 Cottage- Day 1, Part 4

rachelchk980 wrote this chapter, edited by me and katiecat!

----------------------------------------------------------

3 Girls, 3 Guys, 1 Cottage

Day 1

Part 4

VERONICAS POV

Run run run, crap almost tripped, keep running, keep running, I thought as I raced down the gravel hill to get to the large, front door. When I had had gotten to the close cottage I quickly whipped out the key and unlocked the door. Not caring to look around this place that no doubt had to be at least two million dollars, I ran toward the direction of the master bedroom.

I got to the top of the stairs and ran into the master bedroom. It was a large room with simple white walls and beach themed paintings scattered around the room. The light furniture made the room feel fresh, and it smelt of pine cleaner and fresh air. I walked over to the window taking in the view. I could see the edge of the lake lined with tall grass and I could hear the birds chirping form the branches. There was a nice breeze coming in from the open windows.

I dropped my bags on the floor and collapsed on the king sized bed. Finally, me time. My eyes snapped open when I heard the door open I saw Nolie peek her head in and narrow her eyes at me and I heard a muffled profanity escape her lips. Nolie eventually turned around and and slammed the door shut behind her. I had a feeling she was heading to another room with a view of the lake. Ignoring the load shouts coming from the rest of the house, I unzipped my bag, grabbed my pineapple scented body wash and headed for the bathroom.

After lying in the tub for a good half hour listening to the sounds of footsteps running up and down the stairs, I stepped out of the tub and wrapped myself in a towel. My hair was dripping wet and soaking the tile beneath my feet. I grabbed a pair of sweats and a pink tie-die tank top. After changing I grabbed a pile of clothes from the top of my suitcase and started placing them in drawers.

As I was about to explore the rest of the house I opened the door to see Lucas walking up the stairs from the first floor. I closed the door slowly and left it a little open so that I could continue to watch him. I saw him make his way down the hallway and into the room next to mine. Un-expectantly, he turned his head and our eyes locked for a split second. I jumped away from the door and slid down the wall to the floor.

Crap, I thought as I went threw excuses in my head. Then, I heard a low chuckle come from outside my door. I picked myself up off the floor and tried to ignore the whole thing by finishing unpacking.

After I was done I went to find Nolie and Delaynee. I found Delaynee in her room trying to fit her suitcase under her bed. Her room was similar to mine expect that her walls were a soft blue and she had a balcony. The blue walls gave it a casual feeling the small balcony that showed faced north, which meant she was basically staring at a bunch of birch trees.

"Hey there" Delaynee greeted me finally noticing me standing in the doorway, she quickly shoved the suitcase into the closet.

"Hey, where's Eli" I asked amused.

Eli and Katie had been friends since third grade, I always thought they would make a great couple but apparently they didn't. They said they never felt a 'spark' whatever that meant.

"I think he's in the kitchen," She replied taking her time to think about it.

I rolled my eyes, "Okay if you need anything come find me, I'll be exploring the cottage." She nodded and went back to trying to shove her suitcase under the bed. I giggled noticing the complete look of frustration on her face.

I then proceeded down to the first floor. When I found Nolie, she was sitting on her bed with clothes already strewn all over the floor. She tossed the book she had been reading onto her bed side table and greeted me with a warm smile. I looked around her room curiously. There was a queen sized bed in the middle of the room and the sky blue walls were decorated with several photos of the cottage surroundings. The white furniture was simple and elegant, but the view was definitely the best part of the room. Nolie had a perfect view of the lake. The water looked like glass and the sun was shining in the clear blue sky, the way it was reflecting off the lake's surface was breathtaking.

"So are you finished unpacking?" I asked grinning.

I looked over at the dresser and noticed pieces of clothing hanging out of drawers and I saw a heap of clothes piled on the armchair in the corner. Only Nolie could give a room such a "lived in" feel.

"Yup just about" she answered sarcastically, noting the humor in my voice.

I giggled, and before you know it we both burst out in uncontrollable laughter. After about a minute of laughing at her unpacking skills, we collected ourselves and walked up to the great room which was back on the second floor. When I saw everyone in the room, I felt really shy. My face instantly reddened at the sight of Lucas and I could tell he noticed because a small smile appeared on his face.

Delaynee and Nolie instantly glared at me curiously, obviously wondering what had happened between us. If I didn't get my act together soon, this week would consist of me completely embarrassing myself in front of Lucas.

I looked around the room, Dylan was sitting on the leather couch listening to music in front of the fireplace and Eli and Delaynee had wandered out onto the front porch looking out onto the water. Nolie snickered to herself and walked into the kitchen. This left Lucas and I standing awkwardly across from each other at the front of the room.

He looked at me and laughed, this wasn't a little chuckle or anything he just outright laughed at me.

"What?" I demanded looking into his enticing green eyes.

"Nothing, it's just so obvious that you're into me" he replied, a cocky grin spreading out across his face.

The Nerve! I thought growing angrier. I'm not saying he was wrong or anything, but he could have at least left me with some of my dignity after this morning's incident. I mean it wasn't that obvious...was it? I looked at him before heaving a breath of frustration and leaving him standing in the middle of the room alone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you all liked it and remember if you did click the vote button, please? :)