Chapter-14

Please listen to the song above while reading this chapter.

Jennifer POV

"Clayton stop calling me that please."I said.

"So you're into white boys now hmm Jenny?" He growled while grabbing my arm tight.

"Leave me you're hurting me ." Clayton has always been a very jealous person, he was aggressive with me sometimes but never raised his hand on me.

I felt like everything was spinning around, I grabbed Jack hand, trying to get some balance, he looks at me concerned, and pushes me closer my head was laying on his chest, I could hear his heart beating fast.

"Didn't you heard her? Leave her now, before the white boy kick your ass." Jack said grabbing my other arm from Clayton and pushing back.

I was tired I had a damn flu that was killing me.

I felt everything slowing down and I couldn't move my body, I could hear they arguing, I tried to speak but nothing would come out. I couldn't think straight, I felt a heavy bleeding coming out and cramping. I looked at my dress full of blood and I panicked I couldn't breath properly.

I didn't even feel it when I almost hit the ground, and Jack catches me, not even the pain on my belly. Everything blotted out and nothing mattered. Only my baby. The next thing I know, the world goes black.

Jack POV

I grabbed Jennifer took her to my car, and drove off, I was driving like a mad man, again this is also my fault, she's bleeding and unconscious, I will never forgive myself if something happens to her.

Walking in the entrance to the emergency room, it hit me like a steamy, hot puff of air when you open a dishwasher mid cycle, I could feel the uncomfortable worries of every one that sat waiting.

"HELP, PLEASE HELP ME." I yelled.

The nurses came and took her to the emergency room, I tried to go with them but they didn't allow me.

I sucked in a shaky breath, feeling my throat constrict. Panic rose like bile in my body. I suddenly didn't know how to speak. Or walk. I just stood blankly, staring up at my life ending.

As I sit here waiting, it feels like hours are passing by.

I can feel my palms begin to sweat and the thought I've tried so hard to forget wriggles into my mind. Anxiety crashes over me and my every waking thought is consumed with this worry.

How long has it been since they took her? I look towards the clock and it has only been fifteen minutes.

I take a deep breath in, trying to comfort myself with happy thoughts. These happy thoughts are not enough.

Somehow I know something has gone terribly wrong. Why are they not telling anything ? Why're the nurses avoiding me? It feels like the longer I wait, the worse my thoughts become.

After a long while of taking long breaths in and out, the Doctor finally shows up.

"She's fine, and awake already you may go see her. And I have a big news, regarding her pregnancy. She will be able to leave tomorrow already, please make sure she doesn't do any workout, for the time being. She needs to rest, I subscribed some medicines, my nurse will give to you tomorrow."

"Okay Doctor, I will take care of her personally."

"Now go and see your wife." He says.

"Thank you doctor." I said and left running.

"Oh thank goodness you're alright!" I exclaim as I entered the room. Jennifer looks at the clock and looks back at me.

The room had light colored walls. Lit by long, white, flourescent light bulbs. A heavy smell of antiseptic in the air. I hate hospitals.

"I'm so sorry for what happened, I didn't want to argue with him, at least not in front of you," I told her she looked at me like I am some kind of maniac.

"What happened Jack? Is my baby okay?" She asked.

"Our babies are perfectly fine."

"Babies???"

Don't forget to Vote and Comment