Chapter-22

I wrote this chapter while listening to the song above!

Brandon POV

I wasn't planning staying here for this long, but I can't take her out of my head. I tried to leave thousands of time but I feel like they need me, my brother needs me, she needs me, I know most of you will call me a jerk but I'm falling in love with my sister in law.

I've been married for three years now and I do love my wife but since the day I saw Jennifer I haven't been able to stop think about her, my marriage was semi arranged and my wife and I knew we could make it work.

I would not do anything on purpose to hurt Monica, she's an amazing woman. But I
have been hurting internally now for nearly five months and I can't work, sleep or eat properly, I can't even concentrate on my cases.

I have been avoiding any contact with them for the last two months, my parents are not even talking to me they're mad because I don't visit my brother, and it's completely killing me, I can't eat properly, I can't sleep, I've even had shivering sessions to top it all off.

And I don't even know her properly, we talked few times, but it's always awkward, there's so much tension between us, I swear if I see her again I don't think I will be able to control myself anymore. That's why it's better if I stay away.

For those of you who want to judge me and call me names that's fine but what I really want to do is to sort myself out, concentrate on my marriage and work, I love my little brother and I would never hurt him.

"Detective Russell?" I heard my assistant saying.

"Yes." I replied, I didn't even notice she was here.

"Is everything okay sir? I have been calling you for a while now." She says.

"Yes Kimmy, I'm just a bit tired, did you get the files I asked you on Clayton Mccall?" I asked.

"Yes sir, here it's," she says handling me the files.

"Thank you, is that all?"

"Yes it's sir, i will be outside if you need me."

I nodded and she walked out.

My brother told me about Clayton months ago, he's Jennifer ex boyfriend. I saw him with Jennifer parents months ago and I recognized him from somewhere, so I decided to dig in.

I opened his file and see that he does have a lot of police records there's is no money involved here. He is accused for beating woman and killing his own brother, he was never sentenced I don't know why the criminal court didn't even convicted him.

"Honey." Monica said while walking in,  making me almost have a heart attack, what am I thinking she's beautiful, I can't have feeling for Jennifer, Monica is perfect.

"Hey hun." I replied surprised, and kissed her, why is she here, she told me she would be staying in California for a bit longer for the insemination, we have been trying to have kids in a while.

"I brought you coffee." She said kissing me again, I felt nothing but kissed her back.

"I can't wait for us to get home, I have a surprise for you." She whispered in my ear bitting it.

"What is it?" I asked.

Don't forget to Vote and Comment.