Chapter-23

Chapter not edited

Clayton POV

I arrive at my new penthouses midnight after dealing with some people who owned me a hell lot of money, I step out of the car, and I see a bunch of people and cars everywhere.

This must be Logan doing, you can't give him a hand that he asks takes the whole arm.

I step into the house and recognize one person only, Logan smoking and dancing with some chicks. We've known each other since I went to jail for the first time years ago.

Logan looks at me surprised, and walks towards me.

"I'm sorry man, I should have hit him harder, now he's still alive, because of me." Longan says hugging me.

"Wow dude, you don't have to hug me in front out them." I said referring to the girls looking at us.

"Plus it's okay, he won't for too long, I have a new plan, but first how are the sales going?" I asked him

He dug around in his pocket for a minute before dragging out a fag and lighter. I raised an eyebrow as he lit it and took a long drag.

He kept looking away, while talking to me, and kept rubbing his chin.

"You're hiding something Logan tell me how're the sales going dammed." I said through my teeth as I crossed my arms. He blew the cloud of smoke into my face causing me to go into the air.

Don't worry man we sold almost all the cocaine we had. But we have a little problem, that asshole brother is a detective. And he has been digging into our business.

"And you're just telling me this now you asshole?" I yelled.

"Don't worry I will handle it."

"You better do." I said walking away.

Jennifer POV

It was now midnight, I fall asleep at Ariel bedroom, I carefully stood up, kissed lightly on the forehead and walked out, closing the door.

I can't believe she's already one year old time really flies, on my way to my room, I see that the tv downstairs is still on, and I walk downstairs to turn it off.

I find Jack watching sports, holding a glass of whiskey, there were broken glasses on the floor, and his wheelchair turned upside down.

He has been drinking a lot these past days, and it's my fault, somehow I feel like he doesn't deserve me, it's my fault that our baby died.

I can't even talk to him.

"Are you okay?" I asked, stupid question I know.

"I am now." He replied.

"Do you need help?" I asked walking towards him, then sat on the couch.

"Jennifer," he whispered, his face was only inches from mine and the warmth of his breath lit me up like a candle.

"Jack"  I replied, a rush of heat started in my chest and slowly spread throughout my body, reaching every last limb.

We haven't spoken properly for these last months, now that he's not working at the office I have been doing everything on my own.

I could feel his eyes watching my every move, from the slight twitch of my lip to the way my shoulders rose and fell as I breathed.

He leaned forward slowly, his hand brushing the hair out of my face and in an instant his lips were on mine. They were rough and smooth, they were perfect.

He moved them around in circles and my heart swelled. His breathing was deep and loud in my ear. He moaned and so, I did too.

Suddenly, he pushed me away as if he'd been burned. He stepped back, and looked down at his shaking hands.

"I'm sorry, Jennifer," he said in a strangled voice. "That wasn't right."

"It's okay," I said, looking at the floor. I was afraid of seeming too eager or disappointed. In fact, I wasn't quite sure how to react, to the kiss or to Jack's sudden show of regret.

"That wasn't right," he said again.

"I know you want some space but I can't take it anymore, I need you." He continued.

"Please stop, I'm not ready to talk about that." I said while helping him out.

I took Jack gently by the hand and helped him up, avoiding looking into his eyes.

Do you need me to- " he cut me off.
NO, I Don't NEED YOUR HELP." He yelled and left.

Don't forget to Vote and Comment