Chapter-19

Brandon picture above

Jennifer POV

We were sitting in the waiting room for hours, I was near dying. The clacking of the keys coming from the receptionist and the constant boring commercials from the TV was driving me insane. Plus Jessica came few hours ago she keeps looking at me awkwardly, her sister comments are really pissing me off, I wanted to know what was going on with the father of my kids right now, not in ten minutes, two hours or forty years, but now, I wanted to know before my brain shut down or I go mad.

Mark takes my hand caresses trying to calm me down.

"You waist no time hmm." Kathleen says.

I caress my stomach ignoring her foolish comment. When Jack mother, comes and seat next to me.

"So you and my son hmmm..." Lisa says.

"I- I wanted to tell you but..." she cuts me off "You don't have to explain yourself to me honey."

"How is my grandson behaving?" She asked looking at my belly and smiling.

"Actually they're two babies." I said.

"That's great news honey, she says hugging me."

"Mom." I hear a raspy voice, a mixture of deep and smooth with a deep accent.

"BRANDON???" Lisa screams and stands up and gives a bear hug to the man behind me, I didn't know Jack had a brother.

I turn around and see a guy that looks exactly like Jack just a bit older he had a tousled dark brown hair, which was thick and lustrous, he had a police badge on his waist.

Different from Jack his eyes were mesmerizing deep ocean blue, with flecks of silvery light performed ballets throughout. His face was strong and defined, I can't deny he's really handsome. He looks at me and smiles and I look away embarrassed.

One of the nurses came out, we all stood up, she ask for one of the family members, and Lisa goes with her.

Kathleen grabs Brandon, and kisses him on the cheeks, Jessica gives him a bear hug, and seats on his lap.

"Hey, I'm gonna get us coffee, do you want anything else?" Mark ask.

"No I'm okay." I reply. He kisses me on the forehead and leaves.

Lisa comes back with tears on her eyes, that must not be good.

"What's going on Lisa?" I ask, with tears on my eyes,they all stand up.

"He got into a quick surgery to get his memory back he's in the ICU, the doctor says that only when he wake up we will know if the surgery was a success or not they're not allowing visitors yet." She says.

"Okay? And?" Brandon asks.

"The doctor said that he was bleeding inside of his brains and that his spine cord broke, they stopped the bleeding but they're not sure if he will be able to walk again." She said crying.

My whole body froze and tears fall quickly down my face.

I felt menstrual cramps, I felt dizzy, I was losing balance, I almost fall when Brandon grabbed me, "Are you okay?"He asked.

I tried to speak but the words wouldn't come out.

"FBI," he says showing his badge "there's a pregnant woman needing help" he yelled and lifted me up in bridal style.

I felt a water coming from my legs.

"Did you just pied on me?" He asked smiling for no reason.

"My... My babies its too soon they can't come now I cried." His face expression changed, I could see the fear in his eyes.

The nurses came with the hospital bed and he carefully laid me there.

"My babies," I yelled when I felt another contraction to the nurse that was holding my hand, "it's too soon ma'am I'm less than thirty weeks, there's something wrong I cried."

"Don't worry you'll be okay honey. " Lisa says holding my other hand.

"Who's going in with her?" the nurse asks.

"Me" Lisa says." Jessica and Kathleen look at her like she is crazy.

"YOU stay here for your brother." She tells Brandon.

He looks at me deeply in the eyes, there's something in him that calms me down, that makes me feel in peace.

"Take care of her." He tells the nurses. He looks back at me like he wanted to say something when Jessica dragged him away.

What do you guys think about the new character? Will he be a troublemaker like Clayton or nah?
Keep voting we are almost hitting 1k ⭐️guys. Xoxo

Don't forget to Vote and Comment.