Chapter-31

Jennifer POV

It  was already midnight and the doctor gave us the news about Jack medical condition, it's stable and the surgery was a success.

Ariel kept crying so I took her to the waiting room, where Jack's mom could keep an eye on her.

Me and Brandon were now at Jack room, looking at him sleeping.

We both stood there frozen, from both fear and excitement I guess.

The silence in the room was killing me.

"Thank you," I say in barely more than a whisper.

"For what?" He replies, his voice low and husky.

"For saving my family ." My voice wavers, exhilarated from the tension between us I said crossing my arms.

Brandon POV

When Jennifer came back, I didn't think it was her. I'd thought I'd seen her for the last time two hours earlier and I'd been mourning her ever since.

Her fair hair was loose and there were still red marks around her eyes from the tears that had fallen before.

"Thank you," she said, not looking at me. "Thank you for saving my family" She raised her head and her brown eyes met mine.

I couldn't speak, so I nodded and led her to the sofa. We had to sit, standing there next to Jack bed didn't felt right, somehow.

"I hope Jack can forgive for what I did," she was saying. "I just couldnt let them hurt Ariel, I can't lose anyone else." The tears were falling again, making her cheeks glisten.

I did believe her. But in that moment It didn't matter, I always knew she loved Jack, maybe that's why I'm jealous of him, because of everything he accomplished.

Me and my brother never really talked about relationships because of what his exs girlfriends made me do to him when we were younger, but it doesn't mean I don't love him.

He never forgave me and that's why we are trapped in this cycle battle of who is better for ages and even though I tried to care, he always push me away somehow.

I looked at Jennifer and jus studied the shape of her face, her mouth made me shy and uncontrolled, her lips were just mumbling words and I couldn't contain myself anymore.

My hand went to her face and I pulled her into my lap, our lips meeting. Soft, warm, comforting- like home.

I know this is completly wrong but I have been craving for her for so long. I no longer wanted to wait, to deny my feelings towards Jennifer, it only burnt.

She tried to pull me away.

But I gripped her tighter and the pressure increased, the urgency making of feeling her soft lips against mine increased. My tongue swirled with hers and I forgot where we were, all that mattered was making her happy enough to stay longer. I nibbled her lip and she let out a moan or maybe said no. Everything was perfect until she pulls me away.

Jack POV

In my sleep I can hear muffled noises in the room, but maybe that's just my imagination. After all, im in a hospital and there are other people around.

I open my eyes and I see Jen and Brandon making out. My heart thumped louder and the room heated up.

Somehow I knew she wouldn't resist the temptations. I was betrayed again by my brother, and by the only woman I have ever loved.

I breathed heavily, all of the trees around the hospital couldn't supply enough oxygen. Still they didn't noticed.

I just wanted to get away from them.

My hands shaking, I closed my eyes again in disgust. Without saying a word because I closed my eyes.