Chapter-29

Jack POV

When we arrived at the abandoned park, it was midnight already.

I hold Jennifer hand, and we walked for about three minutes when I was pushed to the ground by Clayton friend Logan roughly, my hands gripping my shoulders. I could feel my knees sinking in the cold wet mud. Clayton looked me deadly in the eyes and I knew I was going to die, but I would die saving my family.

Protecting them from this coward who can't understand that Jennifer doesn't want him, that she doesn't love him.

I saw my little girl next to Kathleen.

Clayton grabbed Jennifer hair and dragged her to the other said of the street with my little girl slowly following them.

"No! Mommy! No mommy." Ariel mumbled while crawling to her mom, these are the few words she can pronounce, I tried to I turn around to see Ariel, punching Clayton legs and biting his arm.

"No Ariel got back," Jennifer says, and then one of the guys grabs her.

"Let her go!" I growl at him. The guy looks at me and smiles, he then points his gun at me.

"Shut up or they'll both die motherfucker," he said. I tried to control the anger that was boiling inside me as much as I could, when Jennifer spat on one of the guys face I was tired of keeping calm, I stood up and punched the guy behind me, when Clayton pointed the gun at my daughter head.

"No don't kill her. She's just a little girl," I said. He got out another gun and pointed at me.

"Shut up!" He screamed and shoved the gun into my daughter's hands putting one finger on the trigger.

"Stop Clayton, I will do whatever you want me to, just... just stop." Jennifer begged and he slapped her on the face so hard that she was bleeding.

"Baby, it's okay, just let him do whatever he wants, he won't hurt you two." I said trying to calm the only woman that I truly loved, but inside I was scared as shit.

Logan dragged Ariel next to me, still holding the gun pointing at me.

"Bring her here", he says to the guy that was holding Jennifer.

"Give her the gun, she will kill him or I will kill their daughter." He says with a smirk on his face.

"Kill him now." He said.

"No. I don't want," she begged and started crying, while looking at me.

"Don't make me repeat myself Jennifer, kill him now," Clayton yelled this time. Jennifer shook her head and Logan pushed the gun against Ariel head.

"Please wait don't kill her. She doesn't have anything to do with this," I begged and tears streamed down my face.

"I don't wanna kill you baby," I could see how terrified she was of everything that was going.

"Kill him or I'll kill your daughter," he said. She started crying harder.

"NO, don't do this Clayton," Jennifer screamed and he shot her left leg.

"Fuck, stop it , honey, look at me." Jennifer was almost unconscious, he quickly checked on her, and she was still breathing, she opened her eyes, I could see the pain in her eyes.

Brandon pressed the gun on Ariel head, " Baby Just do it, please do it, we can't let them hurt Ariel.

Kathleen took another gun and pointed at Ariel leg.

"WAIT..." I yelled.

Jennifer continued crying, trying to stop the blood from coming out of her leg.

"Ariel pumpkin look at me." She did and I smiled.

"Its okay. Mom and dad will be okay, just close your eyes for Daddy." Please close her eyes. I said. She started shaking her head. But Clayton brutally used his hands to cover her eyes.

"I- I can.... can't live without you," Jennifer stuttered.

"Its okay love. I know you can do it, I will be always with you. It's okay."

"Jack shut the hell up, don't say that, you... you can't leave us." Jennifer said her voice cracking a little.

"I love him I can't." She says looking at Brandon.

"Just look at me okay baby , all you have to do is pull the trigger and all this will end."

"If you don't they will kill Ariel, I'm here okay. Just look into my eyes. You and Ariel will be fine," I said holding her hand.

"Kill him now ," Logan said. She finally aimed the gun at me.

"I love you Jennifer."

"I love you too Jack ."

And that's when I heard the bang and felt the bullet entering the front of my head. I drop to the ground and lay lifelessly.

I heard my daughter screaming and Jennifer trying to calm Ariel.

I heard police car sirens and my brother voice and I felt relieved.

My vision changed as though I was looking through a kaleidoscope, seeing colors I never knew existed.

Even though I felt my heart miss a few beats, I didn't feel the pain I had felt when the bullet first hit me.

I didn't notice I had stopped breathing, nor was I aware that my eyelids were becoming heavier. The only thing I realized was I was in peace, and relived my family was fine.

Don't forget to Vote and comment.