Chapter-26

***Chapter not edited***

Jennifer POV

I can't believe that we ended up falling asleep, I looked at the window and I saw that it was already dark, I took my phone and see five missed calls from Mark and ten from Brandon, what's going on? I ask myself.

I checked the time, and it was almost seven pm, I had so many meetings today Mark will kill me tomorrow, it was late and I have to pick up Ariel from the daycare center shit.

I got out of bed as fast as I could, almost falling, I dressed up, and tried to wake up Jack, but his sleep was so heavy that he didn't even move.

I walked downstairs, and saw that Stephane had not yet left. It started to rain, I took my phone to try calling the lady who takes care of Ariel at the nursery school and it falls.

"Shit."

"Hi Stephane, why are you still here? I asked trying to put my boots on."

"It's raining ma'am and there's something I need to discuss with you and your husband, but you were both asleep so I thought it would be better to wait," she said not making eye contact with me.

I looked outside and saw droplets of rain splattered against the kitchen window.

"Look Stephane, can we maybe talk about it when I get back? I won't take long, I will just pick up Ariel and" - she cuts me off.

"That's exactly what I would like to talk to you about it, you.., you don't have to pick her up anymore, she- she is not at the nursery school."

I breathed in relief, at least my daughter is already home, I thought, but when I look back at Stephane's face I started to worry.

She looked like she was ashamed of herself and tears began to fall.

"Where is my daughter Stephane?" I asked.

"Jennifer... I heard a deepish, rasp voice perfectly pronouncing my name, when I turned around it was Jack brother standing there like Matt Bomer.

"Brandon? What are you doing here?" I asked clearing my throat, he never comes to visit his brother, why is he here now?

"Can you please go and get my brother?" He
asks Stephane."

She nods and leave us ALONE. Imagine how tense I was.

He comes closer, and removes a strand of hair out of my face, "how is he?" He asks.

"He's fine"... I stuttered. Without knowing why, whenever we meet everything is so tense between us, especially when we are you know alone, when he goes to the company to visit his mom I hide, because being next to a man like him alone it's tempting.

"What's going on here? Where's my daughter? I asked trying to ignore his hand on my face and tired of all the suspense.

"Be patient." He says.

Finally Jack and Stephane show up and we all go to the living room.

"Okay guys, so Jack do you remember after your car accident when you told me about Jennifer ex-boyfriend and how suspicious you were about him?" Brandon says.

"Yeah, why?" Jack asks excited like a child.

"Wait, do you really think Clayton is some kind of delinquent to ask your brother to investigate him? You didn't even told me about this." I felt bad Jack was hiding things from me.

"First of you completely shut me off for a year Jennifer, you barely looked at my face how was I supposed to tell you anything? Plus we both know that your boyfriend never liked me, and I'm not trying to be racist or what but he looks suspicious."

"You son..." I forced my mouth to shut before turning this into a fight.

"Okay... So I have been digging on him for some time now and he was a drug dealer, he spent four years in jail for beating his mother, he is also accused of killing one of his girlfriend, I just don't get why he's not in jail yet."

My mouth almost dropped. I couldn't believe. I was so embarrassed that I couldn't even look at their faces.

"And what does this have to do with my daughter?" I asked praying that he would say nothing but he continues.

"He has a friend named Logan Grants who has a heavy criminal record as well and that is currently dating your ex-girlfriend Jack."

"What? Which ex-girlfriend? Kathleen?" He asks.

I rolled my eyes, he had so many that he doesn't even know which one is it.

"Brandon where is my daughter?" I rudely asked, I don't know why we're not talking about what really matters, that is my daughter.

"Stephane, I think you better tell them everything now."

I held onto Jack's hand afraid of hearing the worst, at that moment my heart seemed to be swallowed up, I couldn't breathe or even think, somehow I knew something bad had happened to my daughter but I didn't want to believe.

I looked at Stephane who was crying "SPEAK" I yelled.

"Two months ago Ariel and I met a lady near her nursery school, she was always alone and she seemed very nice, Kathleen and I talked a few times and she told me that she had lost her daughter in a car accident.

She said that she couldn't stop coming to the nursery school because her daughter was studying there as well, one month ago she told me that her daughter looked like Ariel and that was another reason why she kept going there."

"Last week she asked me if she could see Ariel again and I accepted." She dropped to her knees crying.

"Why are you telling me this only now?" I asked.

"Let her finish." Brandon says.

"Today when I took Ariel to school she showed up again, she told me that she would be leaving to work Overseas and she would like to spend her last day here with Ariel and I said yes, when I went to pick up Ariel she was already outside the nursery school and .."

"AND WHAT STEPHANE?" Jack yelled.

"I left them in the park and went to buy ice cream for us, when- when I got back, they were gone. Im so sorry I should have."

"SHUT UP STEPHANE" I yelled.

"I think she's not alone in this" Brandon whispers to jack.

"I will take her to the delegacy as a witness." Brandon says hugging Jack.

I stormed out of the room, I knew exactly what they were going to say, that I need to keep calm, and wait for the police to find Ariel but no, I know exactly who has my daughter and I am going to get her back.

Brandon walked in, "I know what you're thinking and there's nothing you can do to bring her back right now." He said walking towards me.

"I promise I will bring her back to you." He said looking deeply into my eyes while holding my hand.

My daughter is still just a baby she doesn't speak or walk yet Brandon, if that bitch did this just to get her revenge, I swear I will kill her. I just want my daughter back I said tears falling through my face I felt so helpless, hopeless i can't lose my daughter too.

"I can't lose her too, I said in between the crying.

He seized me by the wrist, pulling me against him, I awkwardly placed my arms around him.

"You won't I promise." He said.

Don't forget to vote and comment
Sorry for the mistakes!