Chapter-28

***Chapter not edited***

Jack POV

I have been feeling miserably lately, I have no control of the things that are happening to my family, I don't know how I can comfort Jennifer, I don't know how I can bring our daughter back, what is worse is that all these things are happening because of me,  I was reckless, they deserved better, I wish I was good enough for them.

Seated in my office all I could think of was how am I going to look at Jennifer face again, I'm incapable of helping bringing Ariel back, I looked at the crutches at the conner of my office with disgust, I'm tired of needing them ,  I have been trying to be strong for these past weeks, I have been trying to ignore the fact that I might never see my daughter again, the fact that I'm not able to help.

I felt wet hot tears filling up my eyes, I couldn't control the sorrow that was bottled up inside me. Finally the tears spilt over and flowed down my face like a river excaping a dam.

That's when I felt something vibrating on my desk, my phone was ringing, I calmed myself, and I saw that it was an unknown number, I picked up my cellphone and answered.

"Hello." I said trying to clear my throat.

"Hi love, I miss you." I heard the voice of the woman who ruined my life.

"Where is my daughter? I swear if you hurt her I'll kill you. Bring my daughter back."

"Relax honey." She says.

My office door opens, and Jennifer enters crying. I try to stand up to check on her, when I feel a sharp pain in my back, I guess I forgot that my legs are not yet ready for to much movements.

"If you keep talking to me like that, I might just cut your little girl fingers and send them to you right away." Kathleen says, I could hear people laughing, I'm pretty sure Clayton is with her in this.

"I can come back later if you want." Jennifer says.

"No stay, it's Kathleen." I mumble.

"Let me talk to her, Jennifer yells pulling the phone, from my hands.

Jennifer POV

"Where is my daughter? Why are you doing this to me? She's just a little girl, it's not her fault you couldn't keep Jack."

"Oh so it was you who was talking to Jack, hahaha."

"I have your daughter, yes, but I will only give her back after you do everything I say right."

"And what do you want, huh?" Jennifer yelled.

"I want ten million dollars transferred to this account that I'm going to send now, till midnight, after I receive the money, you two come to the address my boys will send it to you."

Oh and listen carefully I'm watching you two, I have my eyes everywhere, if you get the police  involved we will kill her, haha ​​and maybe then you'll learn your lesson. "She says hanging up the phone.

"Jack they have her, and now what do we do now? " They want ten million before midnight."

I said with drops of tears slowly falling.

"I'll make the transference now, you don't have to worry abut that, I promise I will bring our daughter back to you."Jack says.

Don't forget to vote and comment.